The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » XL2, GL2, HDR-FX1, and other CCD camcorders (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
That's fantastic Greg! My dream is to get a film in at Cannes. Hopefully one of the four projects I'm working on now will make it!
amance
View Profile
New user
LA
2 Posts

Profile of amance
I would go with the new panny hvx if you can. Even if you don't shoot in hd now you can down convert to a dv image and get better quality than if you shot on dv. The reason is the 4:2:2 color space in hd. It has more latitude than the color space if dv giving you a more vibrant image. it will look close to the latitude of 16mm. Also the resolution in hd can help in a down convert to dv. Since the dv vertical line rez is 480 and hd is 720 or 1080 you can correct a loose shot or zoom in and make a shot tigher without losing resolution. we have actually used one hd cam and used it as 2 cams. when we wanted a wide shot we used it as is then if we wanted to cut back and have the shot tighter we used pan and scan on the timeline. the viewer feels 2 cams were used.

I know it cost more than the dv cam but over the long run it will pay for itself. BTW another great advantage is you can grab higher quality stills from HD and actually use them in print compared to the grainy prints you get from regular dv.

as far as p2 cards, they are now coming out with hard drive units that hold more than the cards. If you are on a pc and have a laptop check out dv rack at http://www.seriousmagic.com. they are updating their software to work with the panasonic.

Hope this helps.
Angela
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
190 Posts

Profile of Angela
Greg congratulations!!! The Den trailer looks so awesome; I hope this thing goes all the way for you. Best of luck! Smile

And now my verdict: the DVX100B. All you guys who recommended it, thank you so much. After looking through all the music videos, indie films, and random clips that were shot with it, I couldn't have asked for a better picture. It should be here in a few days... B&H is typically pretty quick to deliver. Check back with me soon for new videos, as it shouldn't be long before they're up!

~Angela
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
The "eject tape" problem with the GL2 is common? I thought it was just mine. Where can I find info about this?
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » XL2, GL2, HDR-FX1, and other CCD camcorders (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL