The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Justin Miller Lecture (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Asheville NC grew in population by one the other nite. that's because "Master Close-Up Artist"...Justin Miller... arrived in town, and because of it, the magic I perform, will never look the same. Justin arrived in town a few hours later than originally planned. Seems not even his magic can figure out how to navigate the twists and turns of our mountainous roads. He arrived in plenty of time for the lecture, but not much time for him to rest after making such a long drive.

Justins lecture started promptly at 7pm and through the entire 2 hours, he held us spellbound. Everything he performs looks like real magic!!! His lecture opens with a card visably changing to another card as a literal puff of smoke arose from his hands!! If the lecture had ended their, I would have been happy. But for the next 2 hours, this and even more miracles unfolded. He performed a myriad of cards trick. One of which will 'weigh heavy' on your minds. He then turned his attention to coins. He handles them like quicksilver! They form from nothing, and disolve away leaving no trace, like an ice cube on a hot summer day.

After the lecture was over, Justin held a special session on Invisible Thread Loops. His work with loops is remarkable. He shows several ideas I had never even thought about with loops. Not just moving objects, but actually using the elasticity of the loop as motivational power to animate items at hand. This workshop is a one of a kind and well worth your investment if you would like to learn about loops.

Above all else, Justin inspires you to think and be more creative. He will fool you badly and remind you of just what magic is supposed to look like!!!

that's a feeling we as magicians don't get very much. Thank you Justin!!!

Chad
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Wow,
you make me want to go!
Thank you for your hospitality Chad,
Justin Miller
RCarruth
View Profile
Veteran user
Spartanburg, S.C.
341 Posts

Profile of RCarruth
I have to agree with everything Chad said. Being at the lecture was like having a master magician unscrew the top of his head and letting you peep inside. From the moment I walked into the lecture room Justin was back and forth, acknowleging attendees, shaking hands, and answering questions that 'some' of us couldn't wait to ask. OK, I confess. Although I had seen the videos for Ultra Smoke I had never seen it used, and I wanted to make sure I did.

I was truly surprised by the scripting of Justin's routines. Everything was performed with such precision that it was obvious there was a level of professionalism at work that was way beyond my amateur fumblings. Several effects were performed that I couldn't duplicate afterwards because I was watching his moves so close, trying to spot the moves, that I lost track of the effect itself. I hate it when that happens..

I've attended a lot of lectures. Most of you know what I mean when I say that the best I can usually hope for is to come away with one useful idea. I left Justin's lecture with six... One sleeving technique, one lapping effect, one effect utilizing a color change, a coin matrix idea, and two card tricks that I can and will use in the future.

Aside from being a gentleman and a scholar, Justin invited our interruptions and questions, and explained moves until we thoroughly understood the essential aspect of the effect. It felt like a room full of friends, sitting around a table sharing ideas and asking questions. Come to think of it.. I think that's exactly what it was.

The invisible elastic loop workshop opened some eyes. It was obvious that someone who actually understood the possibilities was patiently teaching a bunch of guys with two left thumbs, which is quite a task. But, everyone came away amped-up to the possible uses for a product that's been around for years, but has been under-appreciated. Justin told us that he, Daniel Garcia, and Nate Kranzo have a loops DVD coming out soon with E. To quote Justin.. "I can tell you it will ROCK the THREAD world like no other instructional DVD has!"

I was privleged to have been in Asheville the other night. Justin's lecture was what lectures are 'suppose' to be.. informative, innovative, informal, and fun...
Magic Roadshow - Magic's #1 Free Newsletter
http://magicroadshow.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Justin Miller Lecture (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL