The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » *** Laptop.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicman101uk
View Profile
Regular user
Nuneaton, UK
146 Posts

Profile of Magicman101uk
Hi all

I've re-installed windows on my laptop at least 4 times now and keep having problems with what I assume is the frame rate. If I drag a window the frame rate is incredibly sluggish, and its the same if I scroll in a window. Otherwise everything is good! Any ideas what the problem is? I've installed two versions of windows now, so I know its not that. Laptop is a compaq presario 2500.

Cheers

Paul
Anyone here believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand!

www.paul-humphreys.com
Magicman101uk
View Profile
Regular user
Nuneaton, UK
146 Posts

Profile of Magicman101uk
Sorted it! Re-nstalled my drivers for my graphics card and its working like a dream now!

Cheers

Paul
Anyone here believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand!

www.paul-humphreys.com
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Do yourself a favour and get a Mac! It just works!
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
I second the Mac idea, especially the new dual-core units that can run both OS's. That way, you can run anything - FASTER - than on a Wintel-only box and, in general, if you run Mac native, you don't have to sweat all of the malware out there, either.

See the benchmarks on Windows running on the new Macs with the Intel chips. They kicked tail speed-wise, too! PC Magazine's test bench team was flabbergasted.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Funny that H_A_Z says "Get a Mac". That's exactly what they're calling their new campaign that just started the other day.

http://www.apple.com/getamac/

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » *** Laptop.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL