The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Looking for a new balloon pouch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

HatTrix
View Profile
Regular user
USA
108 Posts

Profile of HatTrix
I am looking to get a workers balloon pouch without spending to much cash I have been using a simple canvase homedepo 2 pocket pouch, but Its just not cutting it colors are getting mixed, and I am looking for more pockets. If you guys know of any 5/7 pocket balloon or utility pouches that you would recomend that would be great.
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
http://www.tmyers.com has some great simple pouches, that's where I got my first one. Also, try restaurants, ask them if you can buy one of their aprongs (very cheap). If you really want something serious that you can be proud to use, go to http://www.twistemup.com

Hope this helps,
Gideon
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
I use the apron by http://www.arleeniebeenie.com Best there is.
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
Those are cheapwe with deep pockets, but they are a hassle. the balloons get mixed with other colors, you have to search for the balloon. The Twist 'Em Up aprons and bags are hands down the best. Quick find, no hassle, no mess.
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
mgshn
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of mgshn
I've been very happy with the twistemup busking bag. It keeps the color seperate, has a drawstring to keep things closed when not in use, and has side pockets for non-260's (like hearts), pumps, and other small or oddly shaped objects.

It's also much convenient when doing ballooning conbined with strolling magic. I perform in a tux and wearing a colorful apron with lots of pockets just wouldn't fit.
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
Twistemup twistemup twistemup
alexa
View Profile
Veteran user
NJ
393 Posts

Profile of alexa
Which twistemup bag do you use? I'd like to get one but I'm not sure which size....do you use yours in a restaurant? Does it ever become too heavy or bluky to wear over your shoulder?

Thanks for the input,

Alexa
Back-BrKR
View Profile
New user
San Diego, CA
76 Posts

Profile of Back-BrKR
Alexa,

I was in the same situation as you. Until Don Caldwell replied to one of my posts & gave a really good tip (Check out the post - Busking Bag).

He wrote the following...

Quote:
On 2006-06-23 13:21, Buster Balloon wrote:
You can check out the busker bags at http://www.tmyers.com/acc/twistemup.html for some ideas. To the best of my knowledge there are no patterns available for this type of bag.

If you are new to this type of bag, you may want to just buy one to start. They are well designed by professional twisters who have worked out a lot of the bugs. You will probably want something more customized later, but they are a great start and many pros use them.

Another way to customize is to start searching for a good duffel bag or maybe a fishing bag. Cooler bags can work really well also and they help to protect your balloons from extreme temperatures. Find one that has enough space in the main chamber to hold your 160's, 260's, 350's,and 646's, and enough extra pockets to hold your your other balloons like hearts and rounds.

Next, got to your local craft store and look for craft foam. They are thin sheets of foam rubber which you can cut down to size and use to hold bundles of balloons. Just cut the sheets into strips that are about half the length of your balloons, lay a bundle of balloons in the center of the foam, then roll the foam into a tube and secure it with a rubber band. Do this with each color, or you can do two or three colors per tube, and stand these on end in your balloon bag. If you cram enough of them in there together they will keep each other standing upright. So far this is my favorite system for balloon storage.

Happy hunting.

Since I knew Michael's Craft store had the foam I went and tried it out. I had some velcro and had it sewn on. I tested it and it worked pretty good. Then I thought why not make a real one. So I went to the fabric store & got a yard of Canvas material. I had plenty of velcro so I figured I'd use that. So I got the material and viola...out came a busking insert, much like you see in the sites provided by other users. I then took this insert and had another sewn together for the cooler case I acquired somehow. Now all my balloons are neat in their cooler. If you know how to use sewing machine or know someone that does, I suggest you go get some fabric, velcro and "Do It".

Hope this helps,
BB
magicjody
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of magicjody
I am currently using a messenger bag, they are like $10 or so ant wal mart or target. I just had to add some velcro. Works perfect for me.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
I use these wine carriers. They work great fo my purposes. I use a soft cooler for my assorted 260's

Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
HatTrix
View Profile
Regular user
USA
108 Posts

Profile of HatTrix
Quote:
On 2006-07-22 23:49, Rob Eubank wrote:
I use these wine carriers. They work great fo my purposes. I use a soft cooler for my assorted 260's

hey that's a great idea I will give that a try
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Looking for a new balloon pouch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL