The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » John Rigg's Companion Moth (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I just recieved the Beautiful Butterfly's big brother, The Companion Moth and thought I'd offer a review.

First off, like the BF, it is constructed from a real Mead FIVE STAR notebook. It is 5" x 7" so isn't going to fit in your shirt pocket like the Butterfly. It is obviously meant to be used more formally. It is the style that opens at the side like a book and is wire bound. John has "just" added a new back cover. But what a cover!

Like all of Johns IDs, it is extremely well made. The ID is seamlessly concealed in the back cover (it doesn't even seem possible but somehow John does it)upon which he has added to the inside the Meade logo just for a bit more "shade." Nice idea, but the Moth is so well done it probably isn't even necessary.

The quality of the i******** is superb. John just seems to be getting better and better at improving on this most important aspect.

Like the BF, the participant is handed the memo book with the paper still in it and they tear it out themselves. I feel very strongly that to do otherwise is completely unnatural. Due to the aspect mentioned in the above paragraph, they can also tear out a couple more pages if they've seen any espionage shows or movies where a note is read by looking at the indentations left on the next page. They won't find any unless the participant really jams down but John covers all possibilities.

The peeks: John has come up with some very clever new real time peeks, applicable particularly to this pad. He also shares again the real time peek he used for years with the Hornet and held back until the release of the Butterfly.

For those of you who know the peek I'm referring to, imagine the advantage of the pad opening sideways. Not that I ever had the least trouble with doing the peek "vertically" but this just makes it all the better.

OK, by now you can probably tell I'm extremely happy with this product. I think you could do a complete Q & A routine just with this pad. Of course it can be used for any situation where an ID is desired and I predict there will be some folks who stop using clipboards in favor of the Moth.

I hope that is enough info to give you an idea of how special the Moth is. If you like your Butterfly or simply needed a larger version of the same, you will love this.

Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » John Rigg's Companion Moth (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL