The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Prime cut/phone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
In much of real world strolling magic the performer encounters an audience which has its hands full with food, cocktails, or simmilar. It makes perfect sense that your participant should cut from the deck while the magician holds it. If the effect of "spectator cuts to thought of card" interests you, Prime Cut is a great solution to the problem.
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
Quote:
On 2006-05-13 17:46, Christopher Williams wrote:
I still want to know if I have to memorize the deck or stack it?

You don't have to memorize it. You do have to stack it. If you do know a memorized deck then I'd use it- the same method would work but you could spread the cards face up before doing the trick.
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
Quote:
On 2006-05-16 10:22, Peo Olsson wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-05-16 00:37, Slim King wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I bought the Eddie Fields book because PEO advised me to do so. He loves this thing!

Yeah I do. It's the best gosh darn phone effect with cards there is. It slays!

Peo

I think the best gosh darn phone effect I've ever seen is Roy Johnson's dialamite (published in Pure Gold). I've burned a lot of magicians with the 2nd phase- you name a face down card without them looking at it.
J Hanes
View Profile
Veteran user
PDX, OR
317 Posts

Profile of J Hanes
Prime Cut is a killer effect. I've used it 2-dozen or so times and it has yet to fail me. Paul Vigil is going to be a legend...quote me on that.
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
As Slim King-san mentioned, the base trick of 'Phone' is the trick known as Billy Murata's 'Waikiki Location'. But, the same trick is published in Rufus Steele's "50 Tricks You Can Do You Will Do Easy To Do"(1946) titled as 'Pass Shuffle' by Billy Baird. It is possible Milly Murata and Billy Baird is the same person as this trick was created when Billy was in army during World War 2, and Billy could not use a Japanese name as his family name.

BTW, using phone is a wonderful presentation for this trick. Though, I don't have the guts to perform this over telephone.

In real performance, it is possible too many face down cards appear continuously and next face up card is the selection.

BTW, almost same principle is used in Nick Trost's 'Lost and Found'.

Hideo Kato
Villa
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Villa
Nice effects, just a litte niggle:

The sales blurb says "Imagine...the victim cutting the deck.." and "You just call the victim..."

Now I normally perform to an audience and would be interested to know where I can find these so called "victims" so I can try out these effects??

Villa
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
He or she is a "victim" as s/he does not know what is going to hit him or her between the eyes by the strong magic of Prime Cut, a figurative expression. The "victim" is the Cavia Porcellus in Bob's marketing mind. Nonetheless, victims is a little strong as it implies the we magi do prey after our specs and specs are all a little gullible. But it's all in the "his remark was a figurative boomerang."
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
magicah123
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicah123
I'm selling prime cut dvd please pm me if interested
jezza
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of jezza
If the effect is just culling there card to bottom and using a criss cross force then its not for me (if it is literally they name a card cut top portion and look under at the half they have cut and its there card I will buy it)
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
Jezza,

Just to let you know, it is not a matter of simply culling the card and using a criss cross force.

It is not a revolutionary method, but it is very workable. It's easy to do as well.

Caleb
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
PaulGordon
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of PaulGordon
Quote:
On 2006-05-19 18:26, matt.magicman wrote:
I'd just like to add , as this may interest some of you in this thread...
paul gordon has a great over the phone effect in his recent book, explorations, available from his website...
I beleive it to be the "only" effect of this type (phone trick) were you get a 2 card revelation!
its their deck
1 deck
2 spectators
2 chosen cards!
good eh
sorry to go off on a bit of a tangent there.......

I recently performed this trick (Fone Finnell) from Explorations on the radio. It works better than most phone/distant effects because TWO helpers are surprised at each others revelation. So, BOTH get entertained. In the usual handlings, the spectator knows you will locate his card, so it can be (effect wise) just a puzzle!

Paul Gordon
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Just bumping up an old topic, just becouse it´s to good to be forgotten! (Especially Phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Best,
John
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Prime cut/phone (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL