The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Hanging coins problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Am I the only person who the palm used in hanging coins hurt my hands?does anyone have any suggestions on making this palm more confortable?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Are the coins cutting into your hands?

It's not a tight grip, just hold the coins.

Did you get them remilled to the point of sharpness?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
No the coins are about the way I like them its just the grip hurts my thumb and index very bad.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Some good news for you... try using your second finger. Smile

anyway lighten up. If you grip tight your figners show the tension.
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
... while we're on the topic, I take it coins with reasonable edges are best for this grip... most of my halves are pretty worn. Would I notice improved progress with newer/remilled coins?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

If you are using Roth style surefire placement methods... you are likely fine as is.

If you are going to Kainoa's update of the Downs/Buckley/Shaw work... might be a good idea.

Back in 1980 a friend showed me his remilled coins and was happy to demonstrate that even a guy with dry hands could do some EG work.
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
Thanks Mr. T. I have been playing with the Roth stuff, but Coins On Edge should be arriving any day now, and I want to be prepared...
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1181 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Quote:
On 2006-05-08 22:27, rutabaga wrote:
... while we're on the topic, I take it coins with reasonable edges are best for this grip... most of my halves are pretty worn. Would I notice improved progress with newer/remilled coins?

I think you need to experiment until you find what works for you. Personally I find some unmilled coins easier than worn milled ones because there is a greater surface area. Also, some smaller coins are easier than large ones. YMMV
Jolyon Jenkins
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I'm sorry I ment to say second finger.i just tryed the grip with very little tension and it was much better,but I think my main problem is that I have fingers that are sort of small so I may have to remake the routine with only three coins and work my way up.thanks for the advice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Hanging coins problem (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL