The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Gut Buster? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12
that_magic_guy
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of that_magic_guy
I just recently got my gutbuster and I have to say that I am horribly dissappointed in it. As soon as I got it I thought it was going to be bad but I said what the heck I'll give it a try so I put the gimmick togerther got a friend practiced for two days with him and then did it for my regular group of demonstratees and got the response "that is by far the stupidest thing I've ever seen you do" and "was that a joke?". Sorry if there are those who do not agree and certinly no disrespect to andrew but this is not one of his best.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I must say its a shock trick, using it on regulars is a bad idea. unsuspecting victims is your audience for somthing like this
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Quote:
On 2007-04-18 09:40, that_magic_guy wrote:
I just recently got my gutbuster and I have to say that I am horribly dissappointed in it. As soon as I got it I thought it was going to be bad but I said what the heck I'll give it a try so I put the gimmick togerther got a friend practiced for two days with him and then did it for my regular group of demonstratees and got the response "that is by far the stupidest thing I've ever seen you do" and "was that a joke?". Sorry if there are those who do not agree and certinly no disrespect to andrew but this is not one of his best.

No offense but I would have to say that the response is probably because of the lack of presentation, showmanship, build up and the audience you chose to perform this trick for.

Regular group of demonstratees? Reminds me of a best friend or girlfriend/wife who gets to see all the new tricks and doesn't really care.
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
Is this relatied to his light Penitration? This is the one where heholds a board infront of him and a asstisant comes up behind him and puches a light thru him.
Eric
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Quote:
On 2007-04-18 12:16, emanmagic5 wrote:
Is this relatied to his light Penitration? This is the one where heholds a board infront of him and a asstisant comes up behind him and puches a light thru him.
Eric

Not related at all.
Bill Hoffman
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Bill Hoffman
I agree 100 % with that magic guy. Majestic do you own the effect?
MagicBH@Gmail.com
<BR>http://billhoffmanmagic.com
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Quote:
On 2007-04-19 11:15, MagicBH wrote:
I agree 100 % with that magic guy. Majestic do you own the effect?

Yes I have it.
that_magic_guy
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of that_magic_guy
Majestic would you like another?
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Quote:
On 2007-04-20 11:55, that_magic_guy wrote:
Majestic would you like another?

Wrong area Smile, go to the selling forum... and No thanks, having one is plenty. Smile
foldemikael
View Profile
New user
Denmark
5 Posts

Profile of foldemikael
Last weekend we had a magic day, and on the evening show, a friend of mine did the the gut buster, and it's was great.

As someone else said, it's all about how you performe it.
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
I purchased it, I was totally disappointed with it. But if it fits your style and you want it $25, plus shipping and its yours.

PM me if interested.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
Jarod
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
226 Posts

Profile of Jarod
I still think that "Gut Buster" is an awesome effect if presented in a proper and professional way!
It's not the Trick. It's the Magician!

Harry Houdini
Devts
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Devts
Quote:
On 2007-04-21 18:27, 61magic wrote:
I purchased it, I was totally disappointed with it. But if it fits your style and you want it $25, plus shipping and its yours.

PM me if interested.

Why are you dissapointed? Is it the practicality?
sickmagic
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of sickmagic
I use this in my stage shows and it is a killer trick, while some of you are saying that it is disappointing I would like to point out that most magic is disappointing but in the right hands it is a miracle. I watch magic and laugh because I know the difference between a performer who can pull something off and one that can't. This effect may not be for everyone, however for me I get a lot of mileage out of it and don't find it disappointing at all.

Personally I feel this is more of a stage trick then close up, however the other methods are doable, but that is not the reason I purchased it!

Sickmagic
ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
395 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
61magic - if youre offering this for $25 I'll take it...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Gut Buster? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL