The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Anyone do Dan Turcotte's Push-Press Control? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

henry46
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of henry46
Does anyone use Dan Turcotte's Push-Press Control? It's a card control that I got from his website and DVD (youdomagic.com) that looks clean and fair, and probably close to invisible. I don't want to expose too much, but it is based upon the P****** P*********. The problem I have is that I haven't been able to get it to work consistently - I've been practicing about a week and I'm getting it over 90% of the time. That's good but I need it to be more reliable.

I would like to hear from others in order to determine if my inconsistency is due to needing more practice, or if there is inconsistency that is inherent in the move itself.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Henry
mortonch
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of mortonch
I got this control from Dans website as well and I find that if the cards are in pretty good condition then it works without fail. If I can remember it took a little practice to get the amount of pressure right (you will know what I mean) but once I nailed that I was laughing.
I think Dan still makes posts in the Café so if you are having any particular problems he may be able to help you out.
-Chris-
mortonch
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of mortonch
I just visited Dans website and I noticed that he passed away last year.
I am really sorry to hear that, he seemed like a really nice guy and anything I got from his site was very helpful
-Chris-
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Quote:
On 2006-05-10 18:25, henry46 wrote:
I don't want to expose too much, but it is based upon the P****** P*********.

:)
Be relieved, you really didn't expose too much. Even if I know the ful term, I still don't have a clue Smile Smile
henry46
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of henry46
I'm also sorry to hear Dan passed away. Thanks for your tips Mortonch. I'll keep working on it, particularly on getting the right amount of pressure.

Henry
stalakosa
View Profile
New user
Barcelona, Spain
25 Posts

Profile of stalakosa
I do it, and I get it right all the time. It never fails. Do it with a fairly new deck, and find the right amount of pressure. Practice it a thousand times and you will do it 100% accurately. From this, you can go into a beautiful beginning for the ambitious card, or into a rising cards trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Anyone do Dan Turcotte's Push-Press Control? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL