The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2006 entrée: John Carney » » Faucett Ross » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Hi John,
A real pleasure to have you with us... My question is being from Missouri I am interstead to find out more about Faucett Ross I know he was a big part of your early learning process.. I know I have posted other places and you have graciously replied.
Well its not really a question just a suggestion (like you need that from me ) Have you ever considered doing a book about Mr Ross and or Mr Ramsay.. With the recent releases of DVD's on classic books like Royal Road To Card Magic and now I hear of Ackerman's Expert At The Card Table DVD..Would a DVD of the Magic of Faucett Ross be something you might consider? I think it would be well recieved.
I would reallyl like to find out more about Faucett Ross...can you suggest anything in print that is still available?
I missed you at the Midwest Magic Jubilee in St. Louis and wanted to see the Mr Mysto Act...Is there a performance only dvd of this act...
Seems I have a lot for you to do LOL
Thanks again
Mike King aka shomemagic
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
John Carney
View Profile
V.I.P.
Los Angeles, CA
87 Posts

Profile of John Carney
Mike,
Well, I did a DVD that discussed Ramsay's ideas (Carney on Ramsay), where I offer my interpretation of his principles. As far as books, you are in luck, because my friend Andrew Galloway has written several books on Ramsay. As I never met Ramsay, and as Galloway was his ONLY student........well, let's just say that everything you want and more is in these fine books which are still available; The Ramsay Legend, The Ramsay Classics, The Ramsay Finale. Andrew is THE Ramsay expert and a very fine magician and thinker in his own right. These books are classic texts......get them!

As far as my pal Faucett, I have kicked the idea around for a while, but so far don't have anything better than his wonderful book, Magic With Faucett Ross...... Classic, practical magic, great professional advice, colorful stories of magic and magicians...........it would be tough to top this book. It really is "the best of" Faucett Ross.

I believe the above are all in print.....google them to find who might that carry them. I believe Books by Post in the UK has them. Don't stop looking if they are out of print, because there are several used book dealers that specialize in hard to find books.

Check out these and other old books and you will find lots of great ideas you can update and use......and you will have some novel stuff that aren't available to those too lazy to read. DVDs have been around for about 15 years..........Books have been around for hundreds. You have the advantage.

Sorry, no performance video of Mysto on the horizon. You'll have to wait until he strikes again in your area.

thanks for asking,
carney
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Thanks for the info John.. I was looking for some book but since they were out of print I gave up.. the search begins again!
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
John Carney
View Profile
V.I.P.
Los Angeles, CA
87 Posts

Profile of John Carney
The seach ends......

http://www.magicbooksbypost.co.uk/

Used book dealers:

H& R Magic books
http://www.magicbookshop.com/

Byron Walker..........+1 (510) 276-1854...........www.geocities.com/bwmagicbooks

John Cannon........Alladin Books......714 738 6115.......aladdinbooks@earthlink.net

Michael Canick Booksellers
Phone: (212) 585-2990
canick@panix.com

Andy Greget...602 404 3100

cheers,
jc
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2006 entrée: John Carney » » Faucett Ross » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL