The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Suppliers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
Rustington, South Coast, UK
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
Does anyone know of any suppliers of crooked gambling equipment. what I'm looking for is a gimmicked put and take game..... don't worry I'm not planning on giving up magic in favour of hustling I just want to extend the bunko booth part of my act any ideas for this and other stuff would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
I think put and take spinners are largely antique items these days.

I've seen them on eBay and on dealers sites for not outrageous dollars, although when you pay for them you'll definitely know you're paying for an antique item.

Obviously the gaffed put and take spinners are rarer than the ungaffed ones, so you'll pay more still for a gaffed one.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I beleive these are pretty common and available via http://www.stevensmagic.com

What are you willing to spend?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Unfortunately, different supplier are good at making different items....Stevens has some good things which he re-sells. But, for more professional grade products try Cardsorcerer or better yet http://www.marked-cards.com for marked cards.

Note: The cheap Cardsorcerer products ($20-$50 range)leave a bit to be desired, but, his more expensive products ($70+) are OK from what I have heard and seen. All NU-CONcept products also work as advertised.

Just like any product, you get a better buy and higher quality of you know who the good manufacturers are......buying poor quality knock offs may get you discouraged and worse yet "caught".

Good dice can be found through 1-2 other sources which I don't feel comfortable exposing.

If you PM me with a name of a supplier, I will offer an honest assesment.
Long Island,

New York
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Yes you can get them. How are you going to use the thing in your Bunco Booth? Do you do con man exposes?
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
This is a site I use for info on Put and Take.

http://www.antiquegamblingchips.com/putandtake.htm

That $50.00 price from Stevens Magic that Pete suggests is a great price for a gaffed top. I was thinking of the metal ones in my suggestion above, but the celuloid ones would work just fine for demo's.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I have a set of the Stevens tops. They're very well made, but at the moment unused. Since they're a "percentage" top I haven't yet found much use for them in a magic routine. Any tips or sources for routines would be appreciated.

Otherwise: Paul, if you're interested I have a set I'm not using. One clockwise, one counterclockwise, and one straight top.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Has anyone ever been to this site?? they got a ton of cool crooked gambling equipment with pics and descriptions. A little pricey though... It still baffles me how perfectly square dice are cheaper than unbalanced (loaded)dice... http://www.gamblingcollectibles.com/
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Yes, I've been to the site and I've bought stuff from him. He is a good guy, he knows a lot about gaffed stuff.

Why do you say that it's baffling that gaffed dice are more expensive than non-gaffed dice?

Vandy
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
There was also another site that I found a long time ago that was a site from asia, and it also had a ton of high tech gambling equipment, but I cant find the site... any help?
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2006-05-17 14:53, iamslow wrote:
There was also another site that I found a long time ago that was a site from asia, and it also had a ton of high tech gambling equipment, but I cant find the site... any help?

Sorry, no. I only purchase gaffed equipment made in the good old USA. Smile
Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
Rustington, South Coast, UK
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
Quote:
On 2006-05-17 09:29, Vandy Grift wrote:
Yes you can get them. How are you going to use the thing in your Bunco Booth? Do you do con man exposes?

I nevver fooly expose anything especially the more magic type effecs like 3 card monte, I know a lot of people do this in there bunco booth. I tend to give the punters enough rope to hang themself.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
That's cool Paul. I wasn't trying to insinuate anything. I was just wondering how you would use it. Playing against the spectators? Like Dave said, most of the gaffed tops are percentage biased. So that you only gain an advantage in the long run. I'm not saying there aren't put/take tops that can't guarantee a certain result. Even the percentage ones give you a pretty strong advantage.

It will be different that's for sure. I've never seen anyone use one in a Bunco booth. Have fun!

Vandy
DirtySanchez
View Profile
New user
Huntington Beach
4 Posts

Profile of DirtySanchez
T.R King Co. in Los Angeles.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:

There isn't a mention of put and take anywhere on this site?
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On 2006-05-17 14:51, Vandy Grift wrote:
Yes, I've been to the site and I've bought stuff from him. He is a good guy, he knows a lot about gaffed stuff.

Why do you say that it's baffling that gaffed dice are more expensive than non-gaffed dice?

Vandy

Hi Vandy, I was talking about flats and miss spots, because it doesn't cost anymore to shave off more on one side or to change the spots when maufacturing for it to justify the jump in price...
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I don't know if they do Put and Take. But I do know that they don't have everything they that do on the website. Some things you have to call and ask about, they may or may not do it.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2006-05-18 15:09, iamslow wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-05-17 14:51, Vandy Grift wrote:

Vandy

Hi Vandy, I was talking about flats and miss spots, because it doesn't cost anymore to shave off more on one side or to change the spots when maufacturing for it to justify the jump in price...

Is that right? Ok, I wasn't sure where you were coming from. Now I know. Thanks!
DirtySanchez
View Profile
New user
Huntington Beach
4 Posts

Profile of DirtySanchez
Quote:
On 2006-05-18 15:04, silverking wrote:
Quote:

There isn't a mention of put and take anywhere on this site?

You have to call and ask about one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Suppliers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL