The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Cards up the sleeve (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bill7
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia, USA
212 Posts

Profile of bill7
HEY do any fo you guys have any suggestions on this. Iam having some problems with the palm where you clip the cards ih the crotch of your thunmb. Iam referring to Vernons routine. I also looked at daleys method. He does a I guess you could say push palm. Its in the stars of magic. I also have Bob whites version he does a erdnase variation for those cards. This is on his palming dvd. THE specific part is after you f.... count eight cards and spread them. You tell the spec to remember a few. And you do a wave or a brush in front of the packet as you clip the cards. So let me know what you guys think??? Thanks in advance
Bill7
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Quote:
If performing sleight of hand magic with coins has you excited, this is your forum! Topics may include effects like Matrix, Coins across, Misers Dream, etc. This is also the area to discuss Okito box work.
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
In the Daley method they go to the pockets in order so the audience does not have to remember any of the cards. I have been working on this routine for a while, trying to find another way to ge the last card to go to the pocket. I use the pockets in place of the sleeves, because I don't wear a jacket. The Daley routine is the only one that I know. In that version you do the first false count after three cards have gone, and you use a normal bottom palm, a spring palm, and a one handed bottom palm, all of which are relatively easy. The one hand bottom palm is easy becasue you are palming two cards from a packet of three. For the spring palm I can't get it perfect but it is done with the intent of handing the packet to the left hand and then goig into the pocket, or shoulder, because the card you need is there, so it is a quick action.
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Check out "Bullet Train" in John Carney's book, Carneycopia
ImpromptuBoy
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
898 Posts

Profile of ImpromptuBoy
A very good cards up the sleeve routine is Jack Pyle's. A video of it can be found in Glenn Bishop's website: http://www.bishmagic.org
Check out the video, and also check out Jack Pyle's bridge deal. It's one of the greatest gambling routines out there, and Jack was one of the best with a deck of cards.
All the best,

Michael
Yehuda
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of Yehuda
Just to help you with the names bill7, the palm you are referring to is called the Tenkai palm.
closeupcardician
View Profile
Special user
Justin Teeman Moore, OK
602 Posts

Profile of closeupcardician
I like Bob White's routine on his practical palming DVD.
"Magic as art cannot live without love. Love of some kind. There are novels without love, other arts without love. But there can be no magic without love." - Rodney Reyes
JoeHohman
View Profile
Special user
Erie
706 Posts

Profile of JoeHohman
Hey, bill7: If you live in the Sharon, PA / Youngstown, OH area, make friends with Chuck Smith at the local Youngstown ring. Chuck is well into his 80's, but he can give you personal instruction on "Cards Up the Sleeve." Still sharp, and a very nice guy, as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Cards up the sleeve (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL