The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » How Do You Market Your Act/Yourself? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
I have a website, however it is for information purposes only. I am marketed exclusivly by a number of Event Planners. I do not ever book myself.
wonder pefomance
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of wonder pefomance
Dear jackscrath
I am sorry to hear you do not book any work. try the martin sanderson dvds for info on how to.
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Most of my work comes from 2 sources - word of mouth and my website.

I still use a number of other things like my business card (a close 3rd for booking) and giveaways, flyers etc.

The subject of how to EFFECTIVELY use your business card could be a long thread in itself, and I believe there have been books written on just that subject.
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Wonder...

Just my hallucination, but my guess is that Drew LIKES the fact that he doesn’t have to book any of his shows himself, (in fact, LOTS would prefer it that way… NOT ME, but lots of others would, that is for sure!) and there is certainly no reason to be "sorry" that he doesn’t book any work himself. - Just a guess, and like I said, I don’t know that is the case for sure, nor an I speaking for Drew.

Too, it would be a “really good thing” for you ("wonder") if you would simply post more of a completed profile (or website of yours… something) so we don’t have to "WONDER" who you are and who is offering up all this new and innovative success advice. – The internet is such a wondrous place and too easy to ‘hide-out’ behind a screen name and dole-out ideas, advice and suggestions with out having to be accountable in any way for your posts and shares. No need to HIDE OUT here, so feel free to post some sort of profile, experience and outline of who is posting all this great advice, ok?

Hope that helps... do with it what you will.

I am at your service and In HIS Service,
Deano
<><
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Does sitting home waiting for the phone to ring help at all?

I also book quite few of my own shows. I like it that way. It is worth 15 or 20% to me not to really deal with it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
Dean, you are correct. The only interaction I like to have with my clientel is if they happen to be watching me work at the event. It's an old supersticion concerning the handling of money while executing a contract, but I've kind of taken it a step further.

I also have little interest in growing my business right now, as I am the primary care provider for my 15 month old son, and any time I must spend away from him is a hardship. When he gets older I may start doing the hustle.
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
CONGRATULATIONS on your son... NOTHING more "magical" than that!

Let us know how we can support you and your success when you are ready bud!

I am at your service and In HIS Service,
Deano
<><
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
As always, thanks for the support Dean. I'm hoping I wont need much help when the time does come. I have quite a network in place already, I am simply not taking advantage of it. I pretty much know all the right names, and have developed an impecable reputation in this town. Shouldn't take a whole lot more than announcing my availability.

On that note, networking is a monster in making a business work. Using people you know to meet other people can take you far. I would say that Netwroking alone is 99% responsible for my success thus far.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » How Do You Market Your Act/Yourself? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL