The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Ammar coin in bottle routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I just wanted to see how many of you have had the pleasure of seeing Mr. Ammar at a lecture perform his bottle production and coin in bottle? If you've seen it you know just how amazing it is!
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1045 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
I recently saw Mr. Ammar lecture at Midwest Magic near Chicago. The entire lecture was fabulous. The coin in the bottle routine was tremendous. Routining the coin in the bottle with the bottle production and the topit work shows why he is one of the top performers in our industry. Every move was was motivated and the "dirty work" went right past me. Anyone having the opportunity to catch Mr. Ammar's lecture....don't pass it up.
euphoria5150
View Profile
Regular user
Russell Jeanneret
110 Posts

Profile of euphoria5150
After much practice...I performed it a few times at my restaurant job. The whole thing, Bottle production / Coin in bottle and all the ditching in the topit. I must say I didn't fowl up...but the routine is RISKY. There are a lot of things that can go wrong. Including the gimmick coin seperating on the take out. Luckly the times it happen, it was enough 'in-tact' to make it to my topit to clean up! Risky routine, but amazing. If you don't use it..you kinda loose it. Although, I did the 'disappearing deck' with the toppit, last week, for the 1st time in about 5 years and perfectly landed the loose full deck in the topit 4 times straight, without error. So some of its like picky up your bicycle again. Smile
Theater, cinemas, and literature are all better forums for telling stories or creating drama. Stand-up comedy is better for telling jokes. But magic is unique in creating the Twilight Zone sense of turning a corner and finding yourself on another street, in another town, in another country. Deception is the means to that end. –John Bannon
alexon
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of alexon
Regarding Ammar's coin in a bottle routine I am learning it from the DVD "Coin in a bottle," in which several routines are presented. David Roth also presents his version on that DVD. I like Ammar's version the best. He advises using a champaine bottle, because it makes putting the coin in much easier.
My question is: does anybody have any experience with this?
Is there a particular champaine bottle I should look for?
It looks like that explanation was done quite some time ago, I am wondering if the champaine bottles and caps are still make the same way. I don't want to buy a bottle of champaine just for this trick only to find out it does not work.
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
I've seen Ammar do this on DVD (from a lecture at the magic castle) and I must say he has some brilliant moves. I like his swtich. However, I don't use a topit and f*****g coins always have the risk of breaking. That said, the breaking risk can be minimized with proper handling, coin maintenance and preventive RB maintenance.

Personally, my favorite coin in Bottle Routine is Kevin James's, "Perrier with a Twist" - which is for sale on his website, last time I looked. He's packaged the coin, and two very cool gimmicks to make this a fun multi-phase, in the spectator's hands routine. You may want to check it out.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1545 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Another version that I've been using for years is Johnny Thompson's from his Commercial Classics video series. I never was much into the CIB routine, but that one turned me into a believer.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
James Stob
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of James Stob
For completeness, check out David Williams' version. It's based on Ammars and has some nice touches.
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Quote:
On 2007-10-02 14:28, euphoria5150 wrote:
After much practice...I performed it a few times at my restaurant job. The whole thing, Bottle production / Coin in bottle and all the ditching in the topit. I must say I didn't fowl up...but the routine is RISKY. There are a lot of things that can go wrong. Including the gimmick coin seperating on the take out.

euphoria5150, Hello, Since you use this routine, and I have never had the chance to see Ammar live, to ask myself. Did you use this routine as a closer at your table work? I use to work on this routine a lot years ago, when I worked at a restaurant. I have two concerns, perhaps you could help. I've always felt that this routine compleat with the vanish, would only work as a closer. After the vanish laymen will wonder where the bottle went, and the only place it could have went is where it's at. So I figured it would be best to vanish the bottle and move onto the next table. Any thoughts on this? The other concern ( I posted about this some time ago) you mentioned above about the coin coming apart. IF (yes I know with proper care it shouldn't, but what IF) the coin would come compleatly apart during performace, Do you have an out?

Thanks,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Check out his book: The Magic of Michael Ammar, you can find a complete instruction for his amazing routine:
http://www.ammarmagic.com/
dncmagic
View Profile
New user
Gettysburg Pa
57 Posts

Profile of dncmagic
Some of f*****g coins now have a two band system which I think is awesome. I have had one break, but the second one was enough to get me through my performance with out the coin totally coming undone
jquackc
View Profile
Loyal user
JC - Denver
218 Posts

Profile of jquackc
Quote:
On 2007-10-17 02:23, dncmagic wrote:
Some of f*****g coins now...

If one didn't know this effect, "f*****g coins" would mean something totally different. They would think you didn't like your coins. Smile
JC

www.jquackc.com
myspace.com/jquackc

It's coming...QUACK... a new ebook from the fallible mind of JC... April 2048... groundbreaking material... limited edition... only 200 will be sold. Starting at $47... Preorder your copy toda
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Carney's routine is nice as well.

Hey Kjellstrom,

Who were you posting to?

Corey
euphoria5150
View Profile
Regular user
Russell Jeanneret
110 Posts

Profile of euphoria5150
Mystre71 -

No, I never used it to close the act. Mainly, cuz the bottle is in the topit on the beginning. But, I can say there is enough magic with the bottle appearing, the coin in the bottle, etc to just perform it as a 'stand-alone'. If not, throwing in just 1 other effect at the end. But, its hard to top this effect..just down-right awesome. My f****ing coin, did have 2 bands on it (per Ammar's recommendations) but still you might have this issue. Unless you change them all the time. As far as, an out...there are really 2 places the coin can come apart, First when you get it in there. You just have to shake the bottle and not let them see the coin in there (stinks but its the only thing you can do). Secondly, is when the coin is coming out in your hand (most of the seperations happen here), you just have the pieces in your hand, still ditching in the topit. The time I was referring to, the coin was in pieces but still slightly attached by the bands. I would imagine if it was completely seperated it would work too and make its way in the topit.

alexon - Fetzer wine bottles are GREAT. Thin, dark!
Theater, cinemas, and literature are all better forums for telling stories or creating drama. Stand-up comedy is better for telling jokes. But magic is unique in creating the Twilight Zone sense of turning a corner and finding yourself on another street, in another town, in another country. Deception is the means to that end. –John Bannon
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Quote:
On 2007-10-24 12:26, euphoria5150 wrote:
Mystre71 -

No, I never used it to close the act. Mainly, cuz the bottle is in the topit on the beginning. But, I can say there is enough magic with the bottle appearing, the coin in the bottle, etc to just perform it as a 'stand-alone'. If not, throwing in just 1 other effect at the end. But, its hard to top this effect..just down-right awesome. My f****ing coin, did have 2 bands on it (per Ammar's recommendations) but still you might have this issue. Unless you change them all the time. As far as, an out...there are really 2 places the coin can come apart, First when you get it in there. You just have to shake the bottle and not let them see the coin in there (stinks but its the only thing you can do). Secondly, is when the coin is coming out in your hand (most of the seperations happen here), you just have the pieces in your hand, still ditching in the topit. The time I was referring to, the coin was in pieces but still slightly attached by the bands. I would imagine if it was completely seperated it would work too and make its way in the topit.

alexon - Fetzer wine bottles are GREAT. Thin, dark!

Thanks for the reply, Did you vanish the bottle at the end?
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
RussoMagic.com
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of RussoMagic.com
Mystre71,

Sorry for my 15 year latency; For completion of conversation...No, I didn't vanish the bottle.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
I do like Nick Lewin's Coin In Bottle routine. Nick vanishes the bottle at the end of his routine.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Ammar coin in bottle routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL