The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Coloring book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
I am making my own coloring book and was wondering, is it best to staple the book or can I just use gaffers tapes?
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
You will want to secure the pages better than gaffer's tape will do. Take it to Staples, Kinkos, or some similar place and have them bind it. It won't cost you more than a few bucks. You will have a choice of binding styles, too.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Thanks Micheal!
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Sometimes I think that Kinkos is Michael's other office! He knows how to use those folks for magic.

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
If you get a coloring book bound at kinkos I think it plays better if you use velobind, as opposed to spiral binding (I have never seen a spiral bound coloring book). If your Kinko's has a Docutech then they may be able to also do tape binding for you. If none of those appeal to you then you might consider having them make a "pad" for you using padding compound to bind the edges. The pages will be a little more fragile, but will flip easier using padding compound.

Make up 3 coloring books: 1 with "uncolored pages with line drawings only/scribbled pages" and another with "nicely colored/blank pages" and 1 with all uncolored line drawings. You can swap out the books in a change bag or by using a table servante, and at the end swap it out for a clean new coloring book, which you can give to your helper. If you also do the disappearing crayons you can swap those out for a fresh box, which you can also give away to your helper.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
It is VIP that the binded be a hard spine. The spiral binding can give too much lattitude to page movement and ruin your whole day! Page alignment is critical.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern California
366 Posts

Profile of Ashkenazi the Pretty Good
Quote:
On 2006-05-28 12:01, Bob Sanders wrote:

It is VIP that the binded be a hard spine. The spiral binding can give too much lattitude to page movement and ruin your whole day! Page alignment is critical.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

There's a Very Important Person who is named Hard Spine?

AtPG
------------

We could have been practicing!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Coloring book (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL