The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Metal Bending Madness (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Hi,

I just decided I'll start a thread for people who are obsessed with or do a lot of metal bending, like myself.
Well, it's not a thread about method or anything, but about the funny things we do in daily life.
Somehow, since I started learning metal bending, I have been totally obsessed with it.
Below are some of the things that I have a habit of doing. Please feel free to add to the list and have some fun Smile

1. When I'm in walmart or dollar stores buying other stuff, I will automatically walk towards the spoons and forks sections, and take a look.

2. All of the spoons and forks that I use in my house are weirdly shaped and often has a twist.

3. Every single person I meet, there is this urge to show him/her metal bending if I have not showed them before.

4. I have more than 30 silver utensils in my house. (Only 2 people)

5. I keep watching the same videos over and over and over again.(banachek, osterlind, patrick kuffs, etc)

6. People seem to remember my metal bending performance but not my name.

7. When there are any new DVDs, books, or products on metal bending, I can't resist the urge to get them and try them.

8. Whenever I go out, there will be silver utensils with me. In my bag, my blazer, my coat, everywhere.

9. When I am in a restaurant, I just HAVE to try bending and playing around with the silverware there.

10. There are a lot of broken spoons in my house. But I don't throw them away. I keep them for 'future use'.

11. There is a ton of gimmick spoons and forks in my drawer, but I never use them in most of my performances. But sometimes, I'll just play with them.

This is what I can think of right now. Man, am I obsessed with metal bending? Haha. What do you guys do? It would be fun to share your habits too Smile

Phil
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
"Hello My name is Sean. I am a bend-a-holic"
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Me too... I will not admit there is a higher power yet than the power of metal bending.. I'm at step -3
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
Phil,

I really enjoyed your list. It's the sort of thing only we'd appreciate, and I do lots of the same stuff. I take the handle of a spoon, tear off the bowl, and make the handle into a ring [throw the bowl away. No! Keep it!] Then, take another, same-style spoon and turn its handle into a gaffed ring.

I started working with rings out of spoon handles because Dollar Store spoons are less expensive than big, metal rings.

Anyway, a Chad Long routine allows you to show what looks exactly like a full ring -- then strike vanish it.

But this is far afield from the paranormal. Or is it???!!! Could there be a mystical connection between the spoon and the ring?
Thanks for your thoughts.
fib
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Hi,

I was hoping to see what you guys do too.
Wow, making the handle to a ring. That's interesting.
I've never done that Smile

Phil
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
Totally agree with #1. I walk into Value Village (Thrift SecondHand Store)and go to the isle with the spoons. When I see someone I remark "well this is an odd spoon isn't it" They say why. "look because when you rub it like this" and so on. So man you are a bit more addicted than me but you aren't alone.
Find out what you cannot do.., Then go and do it!
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Yeah me too (to all of the above)!

My brother recently mentioned that I am unable to look at silverware without the desire to "stroke" it with my fingertips until it melts (that sounds s bit self-pleasing doesn't it).

He was right though. Silverware does actually call to me when it is near

"It came to me, my own, my prrreeeccciousss".

Help anyone?
skc417
View Profile
Loyal user
australia
226 Posts

Profile of skc417
Yeh I really don't understand it, like why we view this as something much stronger than other kinds of magic. I think so a certain extent we fool ourselves into thinking this is real magic as opposed to tricks.

The only other explanation is that some how we are all under the influence from Geller at a young age. Like prior to doing magic, doesn't Geller come up as the only person who could be "the real thing"? I mean I use to read those books about the paranormal and it's always metal bending that comes up.
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Haha,

magic h2os, "Silverware does actually call to me when it is near"
I like this one Smile

And skc417, I don't know, I never knew about Geller when I was a kid.
I am from Hong Kong, so Geller wasn't really known at all over there.

But I guess we were all exposed to a lot of these 'psychic' claims and stuff.
And many people do claim that it's real. And we've watched it on TV and on The Matrix. And they all portray the ability to bend silverware as some super power. I guess one other aspect is metal bending is just so visual. I've been doing it for years now. But still sometimes, when I do it to the mirror, I just smile from the bottom of my heart. It's like "MAN, this is just too cool !" Smile
skc417
View Profile
Loyal user
australia
226 Posts

Profile of skc417
Hi Phil,

I am from Hong Kong too, and I mean I was too young to witness the whole Geller phenomenon. It's kinda like houdini, it just gets passed on I guess.
Metal bending is just one of those things that everyone has heard about, even though they might not have actually witnessed it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Metal Bending Madness (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL