The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Run _____ Run (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
How many versions of Run Rabbit Run are there? Not knocking anything here, it just seems like every 6 months someone comes out with a "new" version and markets it.

Are there any versions where you can customize characters for different occasions with out getting a whole new prop? (not that that is a bad thing really, but some people are on a budget.

I have seen Rabbit, Fireman, Frankenstein, Ghost, Bear, and now the Wolf. What else is out there and does anybody have any interesting versions they made themselves that they would like to share.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
I did a themed show once in which I created a "Run Bigfoot Run." I found a cartoon image of a Bigfoot on line, printed it out, had it laminated, cut it out, and taped it over the rabbit(s) in my "Run Rabbit Run." It looked great and worked perfectly.

I suppose one could do this with any thing that will completely conceal the rabbit and still clear all the tight spots.

Lyndel
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Great idea Lyndel. Too bad you couldn't have got a 6 million dollar man cut out also. Smile
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Mrbilldentertainer,
Actually you have an EXCELLENT IDEA! You could pretty much re-theme any unit with simple computer generated stickers. Find some cool clip-art and make your story come alive. Print them out on quality photo paper and use a spray adhesive to attach. Be sure to add a lamination film over the graphics and it should last a long time.
Variety is the spice of life...OK...now what else can I make run across a prop. How about "Run Husband Run" as he runs to the Magic Shop to buy more Magic Tricks while his Wife chases him with a rolling pin! Smile
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
It sounds like agreat idea and much cheaper than having something built. My question is, is this ethical? Instead of makeing a new effect like Chance has you just print out a picture and paste it over say,the rabbit on run rabbit run? And by the way Chance,I have not ordered mine yet but I am going to soon I hope. Money is tight for my new show but the pics of your run is just pure fun magic looking.
Anyway back to my question,is it ok to do the paste thing? I am not one of those people that screaming about ethics everytime someone wants to make something new.

Thanks
Steven
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Steven,
This is not an ethical issue at all. If you buy a prop, you can do whatever the heck you want. Just be sure to use NON COPYRIGHTED images (No Ronald McDonald or Mickey Mouse art). Actually, I think it should be encouraged to be creative and customize your props! Heck, how do you think I got into building magic? I got sick of customizing lame props Smile
Good luck and I hope you choose to buy our version!
Chance

MagicRabbit
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of MagicRabbit
Quote:
On 2006-05-24 21:47, StevenMT wrote:
My question is, is this ethical? Instead of makeing a new effect like Chance has...

new effect???
rogueclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Hollywood
320 Posts

Profile of rogueclown
No, not a new effect, but a different/superior version. This is just a beautiful prop!!! If anyone has a chance to get this, get it and you will love it!!!
ALL of Wolf's Magic is great. no lame props here.
Have a great night magicrabbit!
RC
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Quote:
On 2006-05-24 21:05, Chance Wolf wrote:
Mrbilldentertainer,
Actually you have an EXCELLENT IDEA! You could pretty much re-theme any unit with simple computer generated stickers. Find some cool clip-art and make your story come alive. Print them out on quality photo paper and use a spray adhesive to attach. Be sure to add a lamination film over the graphics and it should last a long time.
Variety is the spice of life...OK...now what else can I make run across a prop. How about "Run Husband Run" as he runs to the Magic Shop to buy more Magic Tricks while his Wife chases him with a rolling pin! Smile
Chance

Perhaps some Run Wolf Run variations for seasonal themes. It would be nice if Wolfs Magic could help with this. It would add to the value of the effect and truly make the Wolfs Magic effects the Rolls Royce of Run ____ Run or Hip Hop or whatever classic that's been redone....just my thoughts. I'd buy into this idea.

Chance,

any comments on this? I'd be interested in the logistics/practicality of this idea. All the best!

Smartini
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I have an old metal Run Rabbit Run rrom the 70's. I think a Jack Hughes.
My big sister was in art class and she drew pictures on card stock I could tape over all the Rabbits. I had a Santa(the RRR was red like a chimney in the first place). She drew a witch and a ghost for Holiday shows. I still have them. I used the bunny for easter shows.

ACE
mjeayres
View Profile
New user
UK
94 Posts

Profile of mjeayres
In my view the problem with most Run---Run effects is that there is no reason for whatever it is to run. I never understood why the rabbits were running. Until Jack Hughes came up with Run Bonzo Run, which all makes sense. Bonzo is running to pinch the bones from the bone store. I had an old Supreme Magic Space Trek years ago which was basically a spaceman and two space ships. But it never really made sense why the spaceman was running.

I use my Run Bonzo Run as my opener in my shows and is always a big hit, but I always thought it could do a bit more. Which is why I e-mailed Chance and asked if he would be interested in adding more to it and thought that a wolf and a chicken coop would be perfect for him to do. Well that was over a year and a half ago and look what has come out as a result!! Chance has obviously taken a lot of time and effort in getting this one right and boy was it worth the wait! It looks superb and from what RougueClown is saying it is even better that it looks ( Which is really hard to beleive because it looks fantastic.)

I think this version will now become the benchmark for all Run---Run effects, and it will be interesting to see how many other manufacturers remake their versions to keep up.

And Ace I hate to say it but I do not think that your version is a Jack Hughes because as far as I am aware in the 70's Jack Hughes was selling his Run Bonzo Run and would have been made in wood. It is quite possible it is a Supreme Magic version as they made their version in metal I beleive.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Smartini,
I predict that I would not have the time to pursue this alternative (custom stickers etc) I have invested an immense amount of time in this project. A big part was in the Art Development. Those Cartoons suck up more time than you guys know, from Concept Sketch to the Silk Screens. Sorry Smile

mjeayres,
Thanks for the kind words and the concept suggestion for the Run Wolf Run. I was happy with the final result and we all owe the late great Jack Hughes a big thanks for ALL of the wonderful ideas/effects he created or improved during his lifetime.
Take care
Chance

Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4633 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I use Run Dragon Run in my main pirate show, and the kids love it. Although having a reason to run from one side of the prop to the other is good, it works very well when the performer always opens the wrong door just because he's looking for the creature. I tell how the dragon comes out from his castle and roars loudly,then burns down a bush and flaps his wings, before he goes back in the castle, and I go and timidly knock at the door.
I've been needing another version for my 3 and 4-year old shows, and have waited it out for Run Wolf Run, it really looks awesome!
rogueclown
View Profile
Veteran user
Hollywood
320 Posts

Profile of rogueclown
It would be great if you had a chubby kid that lived in a gym. On the other side would be a candy store....He would run back and forth until at the end he ends up skinny because of the running from side to side....Did I just say that out loud?
I love this prop. (Run Wolf Run)
RC
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Chance,

thanks for letting us know about the feasibility of customizing the props...one can always hope...I totally understand and appreciate all of the custom art work that goes into every Wacky Wolf products...they ROCK!

Smartini
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Mjeayres: I'm glad you said it! You are right! My "Run Rabbit Run" is a Supreme. I just found the instructions. I looked for them after I read your post. After hurricane Katrina, 90 Percent of my stuff in in storage and I have some stuff here. But I am more Happy that it is a Supreme. I collect Supreme, which to me is more valuable and collectible. The Instructions Say "originated by Harry Leat.
I wrote my last post from a bad memory. Without going into a lot of detail, Supreme does give a full routine. And it explains why the rabbit does what he does. The actual prop is in storage somewhere. I have not used it in over 20 years. But I used it hundreds of times back in the day. So I am looking forward to my new Run Wolf Run, to put in the show.
I was wondering, In my old Run Rabbit Run, I could turn the prop around with all four doors open and show the back of the prop to show the Rabbit gone. The 2 back doors opened up and hid the sliding gimmick lever. Can you turn the Run Wolf Run around to the back, without giving away anything? Are there 2 doors or 4 doors?
I'll know in a few days, but I just can't wait.

ACE
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I just re-read the description, and yes, 4 doors open. This should be GREAT!

ACE
Mr.P
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Mr.P
Anyone have a run bonzo run for sale, jack hughes version,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Run _____ Run (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL