The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Fire eating torches (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Does any one need pro fire eating torches?
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
I make my own pal, but if you are giving them away...

Kidding...

Wathca got?

Prof. Piper
(Terry)
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Slim's Red Head Torches
These torches are made strictly for the professional. The 'red head" is cosmetic.
When I first started making these about 30 years ago, the purpose was to make an all purpose torch without compromise. They are made to look like they belong to a professional, with very long lives. The red head is meant to make the torches always look fresh and ready to be a suitable prop for any show. The handles are rosewood, brass bound and can be removed to cut the torches to a length that suits the user. The staffs are brass and the heads are intentionally absorbent to keep them usable for all of the moves a fire eater might do. Included is material to recover the torches and genuine gold wire to finish binding the head They are only sold in sets of three so a full act can be done. The torches do not contain any synthetic materials so there is no dangerous melting possible. Slim's torches are becoming collectors items, which makes me very proud. A set will cost $75.00 plus $5.00 to offset shipping and handling costs. I agree, the price is high, but due to the materials and time involved it is necessary…
Slim Price

Note: These torches are very absorbent. This is to allow squeezing of fluid onto the tongue and hands for the many moves you will be able to do with them ... At first, I suggest you only briefly dip the torches in your fluid, so as not to wet then excessively … Using these torches will not keep you from being burned.

The torches are made overlong, so they can be cut to a length to suit the user. Just remove the handle, cut to your length, and tap the handle back on the shaft… At this stage I will only take orders paid for by money order, or PayPal sent to

Jerry Pickard/Slim Price
PO Box 3174
Quartzsite AZ
sanscan@tds.net

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
sanscan@tds.net

Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
VERY nice looking torch Slim!

Unfortunately we are broke right now (Robbing Peter to pay Paul, and Paul ain't all that happy, know what I mean?)...

I will certainly be contacting you when finances improve though...

What a beautiful piece of work!

Prof. Piper
(Terry)
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
What is the approximate size of the wicks Slim? They look (In the photo) a little larger (Well, longer) than what my fire eater currently uses (Bearclaw MFG Kevlar eating torches). The ones she has are nice, but not as absorbant as we would like to see them for painting and transfers. Yours sound perfect!
Do you actually burn yours with the red covers on? Little confused...
They are beautiful...I will show my eater tonight!
Gwyd
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
One more thing...Are they rewickable? (Is this something I would be able to do, or would I need to send them back to you or order a new set)
Thanks again!
Gwyd
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
I got my torches today, and I must say I am quite pleased with them. I promised I would post pictures, so here they are.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c138/g......1448.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c138/g......1517.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c138/g......1529.jpg

===================================================================================
The torches should never need to be re-wicked. If you use them as a pro, you'll only be burning vapor.I include a generous amount of the red cover and gold wire (real gold for very tight binding to recover them if and when needed...)
The heads are a little less than two inches long and a little less than one inch in diameter. The flame is large, but very controllable...They will let you do every move in fire eating as well as passes, painting and transfers.
gsidhe, the covers stay on in use...

Slim
sanscan@tds.net

gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
Sorry...I'm used to poi wicks for my own use (I'm not the eater), and those need to be replaced after 200 or so burns.
I wasn't thinking. Poi, you burn until they die. Eating, you tell 'em when, so there is always plenty of fuel left.
Thanks Slim!
Gwyd
wol
View Profile
Loyal user
Norfolk, UK
238 Posts

Profile of wol
Goregeous torches slim, very nice. I hand made my own after being very unimpressed with the stock ones available. I went for a very cold looking metal handle with a steel rod shaft. The wrapped wick does look fantastic! I shall mention these to some friendds who might be interested!
Keep passing the open windows!
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Slim! Nice torches. I really need to send you some money..Smile
Robert McEntee
View Profile
New user
Long Island, NY
12 Posts

Profile of Robert McEntee
Alas now that Slim has passed. Does anyone know where to get a pro set of torches. All the ones held together wire prevent the painting effect from being done. And threaded ones don't seem to hold up. Any suggestions you could email magicbobmcentee@AOL.com. Thanks!
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Make your own, that way you get exactly what YOU like and want.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
New user
Long Island, NY
12 Posts

Profile of Robert McEntee
I think I've answered my own question. Now that Slim's gone (RIP) check out http://www.bearclawmfg.com Just got a nice set of "toi". Can use for fire eating, spinning, or poi which is creating patterns with torches attached to chains...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Fire eating torches (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL