The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Learning Sources for Cups and Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Any place is a good place, as long as you start somewhere.

Wooden cups won't take the beating of a metal one, so don't expect to get any hard core busking use out of them, but they'll do nicely for a more elegant dining table routine.

Any cups that stack well, have adequate "attic" space between cups, and have a comfortable size and weight, will work. For some, Dixie cups work. For others, mega heavy hunks of copper are the way to go.

For me, heavier balls are easier than light ones as they don't "dance" out of your hands or off your table when you're trying to use them. I'd use a size of ball where your cup fits over three of them with just a little room to spare. For me, bigger is easier as I don't have to "clinch" my hand to hide one of them. A 1 1/4" ball allows me to finger palm it and still keep my hand relatively open. Of course, that also means I'm one of the mega heavy copper cup users too. It sort of goes with the territory. Here's a pic of five of my cup sets. They all work well, but for different purposes. The largest can take a softball load, the smallest, a golf ball.

Click here
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
joeybaron
View Profile
Regular user
dallas,texas
101 Posts

Profile of joeybaron
Hi tannerjade, I have to say that pat page has a very practcal impromptu cups and ball routine on one of his videos. I don't remember the name,but it should be easy to find. perform anywhere with any cups and he uses balled up paper money for the balls. there is also a one cup 3 ball routine that is fantastic by a magician named terry guyatt. not sure about the spelling. this is also a no nonsense direct and smart routine. I learned it from a video years ago(again,don't recall the name). don't know if there is a text, but I have used it over the past 6 or 7(i am not full time) years with great fun and reception. if you can track these two routines down I think you will be inspired to make them your own as they are both excellent real world geared routines. joey
st
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of st
Material from Al Schneider is also very good. He sells a routine with all moves very well explained. You can buy a CD with a pdf and a CD with movie clips. He also has a nice bundle with his Zombie routine that I bought recently. You can find it at: http://www.worldmagiccenter.com
steven
TannerJade
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
307 Posts

Profile of TannerJade
Wow, thanks so VERY much for all the help guys, it is unbelievably helpful!

Thanks!

Magically,

Tanner J
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Learning Sources for Cups and Balls (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL