The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Off The Cuff (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
For those who don't own this DVD this is great!here is what I thought in a in-depth type review:
All Around Vanish:this is one of those near perfect complete coin vanishes that don't have any funny moves.9/10
Pitch and Ditch:by far my favorite vanish/change!its a any time any where topit and it is great for close-up!I used this at a party last night and they about died when the coin whent!
Something for nothing:i liked this effect and Greg teaches two methods.the not totally impromptu effect looks impossible and the other still looks great!8/10
Coin Under Watch:this is a shocker with a appearance under your watch twice and once under theirs!9.5/10(i would buy On The Spot for quick silver also since it has the same ending butco combine with coin on shoulder and in the eye!)
Shugar Shocker:a very visual chang of a shugar packet to a bill and at the end a coin appear from the unrolled bill.7/10(must be sitting at table)
Recap:of roiutines this is my new must perform trick!you learn a 2 pen vanish and 3 cap vanishes.the ending is even great(if you do the full routine)where you find the pen on the spectators ear!10/10(once again I suggest you but On The Spot because Recap is taught there too with new revisited ideas.)
Hostile Takeover:a sandwhich card effect with buisness cards and a stapler.i like this idea but I didn't like how it was taught.7/10
Off The Cuff:a great broken and restored rubberband,not ground breaking but powerful.8.5/10
Time Bandits:this is great but it needs two rubberbands and useually I'm lucky to have one on me,but the effects is a traveling watch through rubberband talking about time zones.the watch goes from California to New York and the watch is found to be 3 hours ahead!9/1
Two in the hand:a great classic.9.5/10
Yuppie Chow:a folded bill through the table effect,once again not ground breaking but great overall.7/10
Ring on Spoon:Jay Snakey's stirring silver combine with a strike vanish,powerful!9.5/10

Overall:
I thought this DVD was full of material that I will be shure to use.the effects are just as said,impromptu with no or little prep so you can do magic with anything!i also think that On The Spot would be a great addition since some material is improved on and there are also some great gems on there.check out my review for On The Spot in the earlier topics.
10/10 great DVD!
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
It's Gregory Wilson. 10/10 is expected.

Thanks for the review magician 336
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I'm not going to redo this review like I did for on the spot, but ill talk about some reactions I had.

Something for Nothing-this had some nice responce from laypeople I showed it to. I like the impromptu version, since I usually don't have the gimmick for the original.

Pitch and Ditch-i haven't tried the change, but I use it for a vanish constantly. at close range this is one powerful move.

All Around Vanish-this gets similar responces to the pitch and ditch, but I use this more when I think a direct false transfer is needed. this works for a lot more than just coin work as you will see.

Ring and Spoon-this really get reactions when its a barrowed spoon and ring. this fried me when I first saw sankey do it, Greg added the striking vanish and reappearance from pocket that takes it a climax better.

Off the Cuff-the classic broken and restored rubberband but around a specs wrist making it appear to be a penetration. a lot of specs were really stunned to find the rubberband to be completely whole again.
paladin1
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of paladin1
Some really great ideas.
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Great review. I bought Off the Cuff when it first came out in VHS. I still watch it from time to time.

The all around vanish has made it into my regular aresenal of moves and the pitch and ditch is a fun impromtu effect to perform.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Off The Cuff (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL