The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Handkerchief Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BooRadley
View Profile
Regular user
Houston Area
176 Posts

Profile of BooRadley
I don't want to do a sophisticated silk routine, but I'd like to do some knot/untied knot stuff with handkerchiefs. Bill Malone does some nifty stuff on his "On The Loose" series, but I don't want to buy the whole set just to start experimenting with this.

Any suggestions on a introductory type product that would allow me to get started with this sort of thing?

Thanks in advance,

BooRadley
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
I haven't personally viewed this DVD of "5 Minutes with a Pocket Handkerchief". But it looks interesting, fits your request, and the $25 price seems right. Click HERE to view.

I think Volume 1 of Tarbell also has a nice Coin to Hank routine (shows you how to load a coin in a knotted handkerchief). Buy a bandanna for $1.99 and save $250 on a set of Himber Nesting Boxes. <grin> Seriously, it packs small & plays big! Good Luck! SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
If you really want to learn the unknotting silk routine aka Slydini Silks then Tony Clark has an excellent teaching DVD out that comes with two scarves (one with the telltale built in a la Slydini). You also get a couple of items to use for the ‘traveling knot” routine. I think that it is the best way to go. You have everything you need to get started mastering the routine.

Check it out at:
http://www.tonyclarkmagic.com/storefront......vstart=6

One of the best sources for learning the Slydini Silks routines can be found in the books, “The Magical World of Slydini” and the Annotated Magic of Slydini”.

Check it out at:
http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/customer/pr......tid=6227

You are already aware of the Bill Malone handling you don’t have to buy the whole set as it is on Volume 1 of the “On the Loose” series.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Here is a link for a demo of the "5 minutes with a pocket handkerchief", looks very nice
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=1072
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
BooRadley

There are some silk knot techniques in Wilson's Complete Course in Magic, more in the new Encyclopedia of Rope Tricks, and quite a bit in the Tarbell series.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Phil Willmarth wrote a book several years ago that has some excellent handkerchief magic in it.

It was published by Magic, Inc.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
flimnar
View Profile
Special user
Salt Lake
577 Posts

Profile of flimnar
Steve Draun also made a Knotted Silk DVD as well that is very good.

Flimnar
"This one goes to eleven..." Nigel Tufnel
cramias
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of cramias
Karl Fulve's book "Self-Working Hankerchief Magic" has some nice stuff in it, and the price is right.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Handkerchief Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL