The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Removing Lit Candle From Pocket? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Hello again,

I am in need of a little help again if anyone has the time. I would like to remove a lit candle from my outside jacket pocket (smoking jacket). Now this candle is a hindged set for the multiplying candles. I have thought in great detail about simply inserting a match head into the wick opening and using a match pull to ignite the match upon removing it from the pocket. The problem with that was that I needed this nesting set to stay lit for about 30 seconds with the candle flames staying consistant in shape and size after the first multiplication, (if I did insert a match head into one of the wick openings then the flame is different and the match burnes off too quick) this should all make sence I believe... I am curious to know if anyone has any ideas? I would like the wick to be lit when it is removed and not a match head if possible.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much again,

DJ
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
Contact Michael Lair, http://www.lairmagic.com he should have what you need.
Keep in mind that nesting candles can get very hot when burned too long.
POOF!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I took a tiny piece of brass tubing (I think I used a ball point pen ink cartridge) about 3/16th in length and soldered it onto a candle, then stuck a match head into it. This then lit the candle's fluid fed wick.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Kregg,

What effect are you referring to from Michael that would work? Or do you think I should send an email with my problem?

Pete,

I love your idea. This set of nesting candles is owen and I don't know if it would be a great idea to make a hole in it? If I did make a hole it would need to be air tight because it would affect the fluid compartment (the whole candle is filled with fluid). It seems great though and I will mention it to a friend to see if I can get it built.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
DJ,

I have an Owen set as well and would not modify them in any way just to produce them lit. If wearing a smoking jacket and introducing a candle, why not use a dependelite match pulled from under lapel to light it?
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Randy,

I agree about not further gimmicking the Owen set, they are just too nice and pricey to play around with. I don't want to lite the candle with a match, though I have thought about it. I want the old gag of pulling a lighted object from the pocket.

DJ
sjballa147
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
278 Posts

Profile of sjballa147
What about Lair's appearing candles?

just a thought

Shane
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
OK it's a stretch but how about palming the owen pair and producing a small but real candle from a dependelite match pull. With that produced and lit candle reach into the air and produce the Owen set which is lit with the real candle. Ditch he real candle and proceed with miracle.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I gimmicked my Lloyd candle that way (Owen is a direct copy of the Lloyd( and you do not drill a hole you just solder the little tube on next to the wick to hold a matchhead). You can, later, remove it and no harm is done to the original.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Hey! Pete has a winner! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Yeah I'd be willing to do that if needed. I just didn't understand his original answer.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
A better idea is to attach a small striker flint wheel to the top of the candle. Then all you have to do is strike with your finger or thumb to light. I would ask Owen magic to do the job, so when you drill and solder the tube to accept the flint wheel you do not un-solder the candle.
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Pete,

I am going to go with that idea. I will contact Owen today to see if they are willing to do it. Ill let you all know how it goes.

Thanks SO much,

DJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Removing Lit Candle From Pocket? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL