The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Jumbo Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
Hello:

I would like to get some Jumbo Size cards. Do you know if there are any kind of jumbos with better quality than Bicycle? Or Bicycle jumbo are the best?

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
damienjathieres
View Profile
New user
france
1 Post

Profile of damienjathieres
If you want to do close up with it, Bicycle are the best.
If you want to make stage manipulation like me, you should take 'economic jumbo card.'
magically
damien
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
The Piatnik Jumbo Cards are better than Bicycles in my opinion.

I take it you are not happy with Spanish jumbo cards? I assume they are what Tamariz uses for his "'Tis A Pity She's A Lady" routine.

Paul.
Alessandro Scotti
View Profile
Loyal user
Italy
263 Posts

Profile of Alessandro Scotti
I'm just guessing here (don't know the effect) but Piatnik are from Austria so it's indeed likely that Tamariz is using a Fournier deck instead. (Fournier is a Spanish company that makes very fine cards. It has now been acquired by the USPC Co. I think).
I have seen a Fournier jumbo deck for Spanish decks (which are exactly like Mexican and our own Italian decks, of which there are almost twenty different "flavours" by the way), maybe it exists for French (i.e. American) decks too.

http://www.nhfournier.es/
Walk of Mind: the best source of bad magic
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
Well I will try Economic Jumbo Cards, and Piatnik´s too.

I don´t have any problem with Spanish cards, (well I think that USA cards are better than ours to do magic), but that´s not the question. The question is that I would like to have jumbo cards better than Bicycle.

I will try the two you said.

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
Stick Man
View Profile
Regular user
UK
178 Posts

Profile of Stick Man
I have jumbo cards but I rarely use them. Are there any good tricks you can use them for?
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I like "Pick Me, Pick Me Not" by Peter Duffie. It can be found in Aldo Colombini's Stand-Up Lecture notes and Aldo also sells the effect with the needed cards. See mammamiamagic.com for details.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2002-12-12 07:13, Stick Man wrote:
I have jumbo cards but I rarely use them. Are there any good tricks you can use them for?

At the end of the day they are more suitable for use in stand up acts when doing card tricks for better visibility. But.. some packet tricks with jumbo cards can prove effective closers for close up routines.

With a bit of thought, many standard card plots can be adapted to jumbo cards.

Paul.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Jumbo Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL