The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ring and Rope Routine by Jahn Gallo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
461 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
I started athread about this a while ago and it got very little response. The one in Rings and things is not very active so I decided to start one here. It's a little more active. If ayone has seen this dvd or knows anything about it make a comment. Ther is a link to an online demo. I have no ring and rope experience so I'm very open to comments. http://www.gycklaren.com/start.asp?language=english&article=&country=EU. Tell me what you think!
magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
461 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
Click on DVD's then click on misc. Scroll down till you find Ring and Rope.
Jondalawyer
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Jondalawyer
Magicsoup,

I haven't seen the dvd (other than the clip you linked to), but I did meet Jahn Gallo at a lecture in State College, PA a couple of years ago.

He was both entertaining and a good teacher and I did learn some Ring and Rope moves from him both during and after the lecture. He stayed with a friend when he was here and I understand he is quite a gentlemen too.

Jon
magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
461 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
Well, I bought the dvd finally and learned it. I did not perform it for a long time and forgot it. I relearned part of it and performed it last night. Here are some thoughts.

The dvd has really hokey music.

The performance is done in front of magicians at a lecture. I prefer to see how a lay audience responds. He seemed to get polite applause.

The routine includes a Cut N Restored segment. I personally don't like cutting my rope. For me it's too much hassle having to get new rope all the time. My solution was to combine it with my existing rope routine with a standard gimmick. I showed this combo routine to a few friends and they seemed to really like it. I decided against using it because I wanted a different routine from what I was already doing.

My solution: I used the first few moves from this DVD in a walk around situation. It ended up being a larger walk around piece. The first few moves don't have the cut and restored part of the routine. It is completely gimmicked.

How it played: Wow. it really surprised me how well this played. I did it 3 times at a Banai Brith Youth Organization show. "Each time it got a great response.

The dvd is produced pretty well. A performance at a lecture is shown (I thought it was kinda stale, he had what I thought were corny jokes that got what seemed to me to be polite applause). Then the explanation from the lecture is shown. After that there is a segment with 'the moves'. This part shows his hands and props only. I had no ring and rope experience and I was able to learn it. If I can learn it anyone can.
The main move is one he calls 'the master move'. It is quite good in my opinion. I don't know it it is any different from other routines on the market but if it is I'd recommend this dvd to other ring and ropers for this move alone (if one move is worth the price to you).

All in all a good purchase. It would be even better if I liked cut and restored routines.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ring and Rope Routine by Jahn Gallo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL