The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Jim Haviland (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Does anyone know if Jim Haviland author of "The Street Conjuror" is still alive?

Thanks,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Sorry its a bit late but just picked on this.
Jim died quite a few years back now but I think Davenports still have his tape.
A real Eastender with plenty of gabb and bottle, he vetted my efforts at Petticoat Lane (Middelsex Street) Many Sundays ago (Seems like a lifetime!!)

Ken
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Thanks Ken.

I picked up his lecture notes and a copy of Secrets of the street conjurer. WOW! Just great stuff in those little booklets. They cost me an arm and a leg but they were well worth it. Thanks for the information about Davenports.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
504 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses
Greetings and Salutations Danny,

Now that you've had the booklet for a time, can you give me a quick review. I'm confused by an author issue. I've got a booklet, "Secrets of the Street Conjurer" by Wilfred Huggins that was published in the 40s, and when I contact Davenports regarding the Haviland book, after seeing your post, they told me they have "Secrets of the Street Conjurer" which was published 50-60 years ago. Is this the same book, or were two books published at about the same time with the same/similar title?

Any light you can shed on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe in KC
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Hiya Joe,

Two different booklets. You are right about that. Jim Haviland's lecture notes "The Street Conjurer" are kind of an extension to "The secrets of the street conjurer" So while not written by the same guy they go hand in hand as Mr. Haviland references the earlier work (secrets).

Best,

Dan-

MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
504 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses
Greetings and Salutations Danny,

Thanks for clearing this up for me. I appreciate you taking the time to respond!

Joe in KC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Jim Haviland (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL