The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » radio magic... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

vernon
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
559 Posts

Profile of vernon
Are there any books out there dealing with effects that are performed on the radio?

I am sure there are, but cannot seem to track any down.

Magic books by Post would probably have some, but they don't answer inquiries, and don't answer the phones... Please help...

Vernon
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
There's an audio tape called "Radio Magic" by Steve Shaw. It's two double side tapes. Tape 1 has info on the history of radio magic; advanced prep; routining; handling callers etc. The second tape has a bunch of ideas for tricks to perform. There's a section on impromptu effects for challenge callers and also on outs.

Mike Powers
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
I'll second Mike's recommendation, and further clarify. It's called Radio Magic and is by Steve Shaw (now known as Banachek), published by Scott Wells' Magical Inspirations. It was just re-released on three CD's, which makes it even more convenient for reference. I recommend it emphatically to anyone who wants to do magic or mentalism on the radio.

You can get it at
http://www.banachek.org
click on the "Performers Only" link.
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
vernon
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
559 Posts

Profile of vernon
Cheers guys, info really useful. And yes you are correct it's the personality that counts as well as the effects. Many thanks once again

vernon
Megatherion
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of Megatherion
Hi,

Study Dunninger, he became famous as the mind reader on radio.

Yours faithfully

:devilish: Dan Smile
Saydean
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha,Nebraska
206 Posts

Profile of Saydean
I have worked as a radio host and have had Magicians on the show ,Bryan Dean,David Copperfeild,Rick Thomas,Melinda,Dixie Dooley and a few more. Since radio is audio I try to talk about the Lifestyle and daily goings on with them . It gets a great response from the callers . They love to hear about things that go wrong and the travel/backstage happenings. The magic has been very limited except for a few mind things that involved number games that force a certain number to be left after a line of additions and subtractions. If you are working with a good host he will be able to describe the effect your doing from a laymans point of view.Kreskin was another matter entireley, he was a master at painting pictures with his words and was the best. If you have a need to ask specifics ask away or e-mail me.
Saydean
Robert LAMAR
View Profile
New user
Lakeside, Nova Scotia (Canada)
75 Posts

Profile of Robert LAMAR
Three routines I have used with success on the radio are as follows: a book test (initially, Meir Yedid's W.O.W. Book Test and, most recently, my own version of a book test), the Paul Fox Miracle Gimmick and the Invisible Deck. All the above effectively utilize the help of, not only the radio host, but callers into the station, as well.
With YOU in mind...Robert LAMAR

The power of thought is the MAGIC of the MIND." - Byron

Web Site: www.RobertLAMAR.ca
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
As a joke, I did Mental Photo (with a tip of the hat to Bill Malone) for the crowd at a remote broadcast a few months ago. The listeners had do idea what was going on, but the crowd reaction was great and it inspired a few more people to come down and ask "What was that trick", and getting a few more people down there is what a live broadcast is all about.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
SHOC
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
72 Posts

Profile of SHOC
Check eBay from time to time you will find the Steve Shaw CDs or cassette audio tapes for sale.
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
An effect called The card in The Phone Booth can be found In MUM 1996 vol.85 No.10 its by Jeff Sikora its a wonderful bit of magic designed for radio I would also recommend Falkenstein&willard Glenn falkenstein was a master at this so I would highly recommend his videos and some hard to find notes.
Astonishment as Therapy...?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » radio magic... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL