The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » David Copperfield - 13 illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

robertk4you
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of robertk4you
I wanna get into touch by pm,with everyone who took part,in 13 illusion,by david Copperfield.This I am about to ..... will shock you.Also folks,who knows the secret.I do,i was one of them tx
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Then one has to ask, why do you need to talk to the others? Inquiring minds and all that...

;)

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Robertk4you:

Sounds like you can't wait to give it up yourself.
Bob
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
I was involved in the illusion also. I did not get to sit in the row of chairs that vanished, but I did sit next to the platform on a stool with another guy to watch all around the platform. I saw absolutely nothing. Nothing went of came from above, below, behind, nothing. Completely fooled the heck outta me. Stage magic and large illusions always amaze me. Even if I could learn the secret, I wouldn't want to. I love the sense of wonder that it gives me.
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Robert, I sincerely hope you don't pursue this wish to meet up with other participants to wrongfully expose the secret to such a wonderful piece of magic. I'm sure David Copperfield and his team must've at least issued a verbal plea to all those who took part to remain silent about this. Besides, there's nothing to be gained from imparting this information to others. It'll only do harm.

Regards

Chris
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Dude,
Are you sure you are not into magic to expose secrets?
From your previous posts you still seem to believe that there are real magicians out there and you owe it to the public to expose the "frauds"
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Copperfield was so lucky to have picked robertk4you to help in this trick.

Bob
ChristopherM
View Profile
Special user
UK
844 Posts

Profile of ChristopherM
Lol well said, Bob. I'm still trying to grasp why someone would want to "get in touch with everyone who took part via pm". If anybody does get in contact, that also suggests that there are other like-minded people here on the Café....

Robert, in response to your initial question, I DO NOT know the secret and do not wish to know, thank you.

Cheers

Chris
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
I know the secret! Anyone wanna know!??? Well too bad. Ha- I'm not going to tell!

Robert, magic is based on trust and secrecy. Appreciate the entertainment that you got out of it, and know that you were a part of something special for that one evening. I would've loved that opportunity you had- not to learn the workings of a great illusion, but I would appreciate how MUCH goes into pulling it off. How much theatrics, positioning, and psychology that is involved in this piece of magic.

Seems to me that you lost the appreciation aspect of magic and are out to expose it all. I ask you then, why? Trust me- you won't gain anything from it...

best regards,
Matt Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magicianâ„¢
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
robertk4you
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of robertk4you
Tomasko,,,are you cyril takayama?
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
No, I'm another American magi over here though. Cyril is in Tokyo and all. I just started touring Asia and Japan about seven months ago. I work primarily out of Osaka, Fukokya, Sasebo, and Nagasaki. Tokyo is on the list for next week. Cyril has been over here about three years. Cool guy, but no I'm not Cyril.

Sorry to disappoint, but maybe in a bit I'll have some of my work up and running for you all to see of doing magic in Japan and all. Magic over here in Asia is amazing.

best regards,
Matt Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magicianâ„¢
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
roham92
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of roham92
Robertk4you ,I know for a fact that David talks to you all about the illusion and asks you not to talk about knowing the secret and even worse offering to give away the secret of the illusion ot talking to someone about it. From your post you were obviasly not mature enough to participate in the 13 illusion.
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Picking spectators can be so difficult......
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
Quote:
On 2006-06-29 22:21, robertk4you wrote:
I wanna get into touch by pm,with everyone who took part,in 13 illusion,by david Copperfield.This I am about to ..... will shock you.Also folks,who knows the secret.I do,i was one of them tx

I can't quite understand what he is getting at with the "This I am about to.....will shock you. Also folks, who knows the secret". If he justs wants people who were involved like he was to talk about the experience of being involved in a major trick is that wrong? He asks to be PM'd so it appears he doesn't want to release the information on the boards (hopefully). It is a very odd statement and request still.
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
magic1178
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magic1178
We as magicians will do our best to keep the secret,but what can be said about the other audience members,If there isn't any stooges involved,why would you let people know how the illusion is done.

I hope I'm way off here,wouldnt be the first time:)
Derek Johnston
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
I do not want to sound nasty - but I hope this is not one of the fishing for the secret thing we sometimes have.
Cards never lie
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
Maybe he just wants to chat about the awesome experience that was Thirteen...

Or maybe I tend to see the best of people.
MagicalFreak3
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of MagicalFreak3
The only thing I found a bit 'missing' from this illusion was the fact that there was no storyline....I mean great emotional atmosphere woth the lights and the amazing deep music.....yet no 'sroryline'....thats VERY unusual about David Copperfield's illusions, espicially a big one ! ...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » David Copperfield - 13 illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL