The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PK Matches (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Hi,

I saw this on YouTube, wondering if you guys know where this if from.
Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4QQhA24K3c
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Er, that's one of the oldest childrens tricks in the book
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Really?
I am not aware of that.
I am from asia, and there is nothing about magic over there.
Can you point me to a source?
Thanks
Guillaume Vallée
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Guillaume Vallée
I pm'd you, though I'm not sure the explanation couldn't have been written here.

Best,
Guillaume
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Hi Guillaume,

Thank you for your help.
I really appreciate it Smile

Phil
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
Bev,
Would you provide me with a PM on that one, also, please. I've done it for a long time...but...I'm not seeing the tell tale sign that lets me know it's the same method. Or, I've been doing it incorrectly for a long time. ??? I'm puzzled.
Nicholas
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
I believe that can be found in the excellent book "Martin Gardner Presents"!

Sean
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Thanks Sean, I will take a look!
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
I LOVE this one!

Drew McAdam had in my opinion the best solution to that! But as a result of a brainstorming I started time ago on a private forum for Mentalists, John Riggs also cam up with another workable method for it!

What I LOVE even more... it's impromptu! No gimmicked match, glass, matchbox, nothing!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
harishjose
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of harishjose
Quote:
On 2006-07-03 16:33, magic h2os wrote:
I believe that can be found in the excellent book "Martin Gardner Presents"!

Sean

Or a cheaper version called "Table Magic" by Gardner...
To believe is Magic.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Would love to be able to ignite a box of matches from across the stage. Anyone know a source, please PM me.

Regards

Candin
Mauricio Jaramillo
View Profile
Elite user
Colombia
413 Posts

Profile of Mauricio Jaramillo
James Hydrick did something similar with toothpicks, check out his videos on youtube.
magicgar
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of magicgar
Candin,
Check out Dan Hauss and Dan White Lit dvd bonus section has Andrew Gerard self-lighting match pack effect. You can definitely ignite a pack of matches from across the stage in someone's hand.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Hey, thanks both of ya......!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Also I saw RH has out Psychic Spontaneous Combustion.

[
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
I;ve seen this done with toothpicks as wel las matches. Now, I know that several people on (other) forums have suggested that this is the effect that I show in my book (It's caused a lot of confusion). Let me assure you that it is NOT the same effect. This from the book http://droobybooks.zoomshare.com

"Here is what I did: I promised the group that I would do something at the end of the evening… and I did.) I explained that the problem with producing telekinetic effects is that people think that if you’re touching it, then you can monkey around with it. I also explained that in laboratories around the world, where they check for telekinetic phenomena, the scientists get around this by isolating the experiment. The semi-sozzled regulars thought this seemed like a reasonable idea.

“Let me show you how it works,” I said.

I asked the barman for a pint tumbler. Having procured that, I asked around if anybody had a box of matches; which somebody did. They gave me the box, and I withdrew one match. I then went behind the bar and sat the box on its end, striking paper to the shelf. I then took the match and balanced it across the top of the box – at right angles. Then, taking the pint tumbler, I covered the whole lot.

“The glass ensures that no external movement can disturb that match; not even the movement of the air in the room,” I explained, encouraging their agreement.

Reaching up, I placed my business card beside the glass. “Now, everybody concentrate… beam energy at the match. In your mind, command the match to move. Where the match is, nobody can get near it. Nobody can touch it. The only way we can move it is with our mind… Do not break your concentration. Just stare at it and will it to move!”

And while all that was going on… I slipped out into the night. I climbed into my car (I had only had one small bottle of beer, okay?) and drove off towards my pal’s cottage where I was spending the night. Guess what? I was only five minutes down the road when my mobile phone rang. (Amazingly, mobile phones do work in many areas of The Highlands.) I pressed the answer call button and a jabber of excited voices greeted me. “It moved!” and “It slowly tipped up and then fell off!” and “You weren’t even here… Where are you?” and “Jeez, this is the most incredible…” And so on.

A psychic event, under impossible circumstances, and I wasn’t anywhere near the place! Everything that was used was theirs. And everything is left to be examined to their heart’s desire.

Isn’t that just SO cool?

AND HERE’S WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED…

This has to be one of my favourite effects...."

Sorry, but I'm not giving THAT away! (There are actually a couple of different methods / presentations in the book regarding this demonstration.

Drew
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Drew,

A true gentlemen and scholar, always a great help.

Regards

Candin
tincture
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of tincture
Isn't that (drew's effect) explained in Paul Daniels' adult magic?
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Dunno - never read any of Paul Daniel's stuff. However, this is based on a very old effect that didn't work very well - if at all! (So that may have been the one Paul Daniels printed up.) I DO remember reading my father's books more than 40 years ago - he had an extensive library of dove pan, flags and "weird contraption" type magic books (he used to perfrom in white bowtie and tails - bless.) It MAY have been in one of them. It's one of these things I had known about for a long time but, like a lot of stuff in these books, I couldn't get to work to any kind of satisfaction... and so gave up. But this has been given a whole new makeover, a great deal odf experimentation and a version 2. (Mind you, it IS ony one small effect in the book!)

Drew
ipe
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of ipe
Quote:
On 2006-07-03 16:24, Nicholas wrote:
Bev,
Would you provide me with a PM on that one, also, please. I've done it for a long time...but...I'm not seeing the tell tale sign that lets me know it's the same method. Or, I've been doing it incorrectly for a long time. ??? I'm puzzled.

I know the classical method, but, as Nicholas said, we cannot see the tell in the video... I'm puzzled too.
What would a real mindreader do?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » PK Matches (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL