The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Please, for the love of our Lord, Pray for this family. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Brothers and Sisters...

I come to you begging...

Please, PLEASE pray for Josh and Christy Rhodes.

In 11 days time they were eagerly ancitpating the birth of their first child, a girl.

Tonight the Lord saw fit to take the baby Home, before it's birth.

Please help, in prayer, to support Josh and Christy as they find peace and acceptance of the loss of their daughter.

Josh is the Childrens Minister for a local Baptist Church...He is strong in his faith and has a phenominal Faith Fellowship to lean on....Nether-the-less, please pray for him.

Christy is equally dedicated to our Lord, and has participated in a multi-year, overseas misson...She needs your voice.

Pray for them.

Terry
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Having lost sseven before a live birth, I can understand what they are going through. There is no way to replace what they have lost. They don't need "But you are still young - you can try again". All they need is someone to ask them what you can do to help, to give them "space" to grieve, and to be a friend.

A lot of folks think that preachers are somehow insulated from the grieving process, but they probably need a shoulder to lean on more than most, because they are always expected to be the minister, and not the "ministered".

God will bring some good from this.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
mommymagic
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of mommymagic
I am definitely praying for them. As the mother of four, I cannot imagine the pain and emptiness that they are feeling right now.
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Thank you both, and those lurkers who have read the request and are praying.

God Bless.

Terry
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
I will pray for them. As a father of an almost 3year old, with another on the way, the pain of the loss of a dear young one is something I hate to even imagine.

But please prof Piper, do not imply that it is our heavenly Father who is the author of this suffering and pain. I simply do not believe in a God who arbitrarily decides that this baby will die. I don't claim to have all the answers to theodicy and life and death, but I react whenever I encounter a theology that makes God into a whimsical and moody hitman.

I have no doubt that this child rests in the everlasting care and love of God, but I do not find comfort in the idea that "the lord saw fit to take."

I do thank you for your obviously large heart in sharing their concern with this community. Please let them know that many of us are keeping them in prayer.
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
I will most definitely add this family to my prayer list. May God be with them in their time of sorrow.

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
Terry -
I will pray, with first hand experience, for this couple.....

peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-07-07 12:18, revlovejoy wrote:
I will pray for them. As a father of an almost 3year old, with another on the way, the pain of the loss of a dear young one is something I hate to even imagine.

But please prof Piper, do not imply that it is our heavenly Father who is the author of this suffering and pain. I simply do not believe in a God who arbitrarily decides that this baby will die. I don't claim to have all the answers to theodicy and life and death, but I react whenever I encounter a theology that makes God into a whimsical and moody hitman.

I have no doubt that this child rests in the everlasting care and love of God, but I do not find comfort in the idea that "the lord saw fit to take."

I do thank you for your obviously large heart in sharing their concern with this community. Please let them know that many of us are keeping them in prayer.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts, they need it right now!

Let me clarify:

I am not trying to imply that God was being cruel and simply decided that this baby shouldn't be born...

FAR from it...

In my way of thinking, taking this child Home was a Mercy...For all we know the Lord saw that there was going to be something seriously wrong with the child (which is a destinct possiblity as the mother has health issues including Diabetes) and decided to take her Home without have to endure a vail of pain and tears first.

I believe in a Merciful and Loving God, and know that nothing He does is done without His Divine Reason and Plan.

God Bless again, and thank you.

Terry
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Hi again...

I'd like to publicly thank all of those who have been praying for Josh and Kristi in their time of grief and sorrow...

It has been a rough week.

It took 2 days for the baby to be delivered, and Kristi ended up having to have a Ceasarian Section to deliver her...

Josh's parents are here now, so that is a great relief and support for them...

The funeral is set for Wednesday at the Church where Josh is the Children's Minister...

I beg that you all continue in your prayers for this very special couple. They have an incredibly long road ahead of them as the shock of the tragedy wears off, and the reality of their loss sinks in.

I, as well as they, know that the Lord will be with them every step of the way on their journey of sorrow...

It would be nice though, I think, that the Lord knows we all walk with them as well.

God Bless you all, and thank you.

Terry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Please, for the love of our Lord, Pray for this family. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL