The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Modern Art (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

briansmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
507 Posts

Profile of briansmagic
Hello,
I am just curious as to what problems everyone else has run into when building Modern Arts, except of course for the errors in the dimensions in the book. Just wanting to hear about what experiences others have had!

Thanks!
Brian
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I probably enjoyed building this more than anything else I have ever done. You can use woodworking, metalworking, and fiberglass techniques in one illusion. My main problems were figuring out how to make the slides and casting the legs.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
446 Posts

Profile of freefallillusion1
I too enjoyed building this one. The dimensions in the book weren't really a problem because I was building this to fit me, so I had to come up with my own. Just make sure you have a good understanding of the general proportions (height of top box vs. height of bottom) and you should be able to adapt it. Also, make SURE that you understand the part about making the prop a bit shorter than you think you need so that the girl has to stoop down slightly when first taking position- this will give you extra "working room" when the top box is slid over, and is VERY important. Good luck!

Phil
BRodgers
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of BRodgers
I plan on getting this book very soon, would like to know what the dimension errors are? Just so I can keep an eye out and work around it. Thanks

Brian
Creator of The Phantom Band 360
MKmagic
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of MKmagic
I already have the book, and I am getting ready to try and build this illusion.
I am also interested in what the dimension errors are, and if I should even be concerrned with them because I will change the dimensions to match the size of my assistant anyways.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Modern Art (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL