The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Help with a movie title (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
If you were making a film about the seedy underworld of a big city and your characters are despicable creatures such as pimps, drug lords, corrupt DEAs, mafiosas, boxing promoters and call-girls, what would you call it?

I'm being completely serious here, so try not to be a wiseguy and say "Pulp Fiction" or "Sin City". Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

-Alex
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Dark Streets. Ugly Town. Sins of The Fathers. Sinful. The Evil That Men Do. Blood and Tears. Tears of Blood. Flesh and Blood. Pimp Fiction (sorry. Couldn't resist).

David Smile
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
The best possible title might tie in with the nature of the plot and type of movie (thriller, drama, mystery, etc.) somehow, not just the setting and cast of characters. Can you describe the outline of the movie to help us out?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
The Underbelly...

Dark Secrets...

Players...

Lyndel
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Under the Rocks
The Broken Pavement
Behind all the Lights
Cracks in the City
Out of the Light
Dark Side of the City
Friends in Low Places
Unsavory Street
Lack of Goodness
No Good Within
Place of Darkness
Run with the Wrong
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
D Byrd
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia
230 Posts

Profile of D Byrd
The Shadows Have Eyes

Once Upon A Dirty Town...

Crime Doesn't Pay, But The Benefits Are Good

SINdicate of Fear

No Hope On Beat Down Blvd

Hope Dies Hard In Hell

Wow! I like my titles. Now all I need is a movie to put them to. :0)
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Quote:
On 2006-07-08 22:40, balducci wrote:
The best possible title might tie in with the nature of the plot and type of movie (thriller, drama, mystery, etc.) somehow, not just the setting and cast of characters. Can you describe the outline of the movie to help us out?

the movie is hard to describe due to the fashion in which it is set up, but the plot revolves around a drug-trafficking scheme gone wrong that results in a murder, which is witnessed by one of the few innocent peoplein the city, a girl named Angela. She is, as Hitchcock would say, the "MacGuffin". The rest of the movie revolves around the villains, who are a really screwed up triumvirate consisting of an insane pimp, a corrupt DEA and a sociopathic druglord, who are trying to eliminate her from the picture and thereby avoid trouble. The conflict comes in the form of her boyfriend, your typical anti-hero, who tries to stop them.

This, of course, is the bare-bones. It's the dialouge that makes the story, (which I'm very proud of), but that, basically, is the simplest way to describe the premise.

I must say that I am really amazed/astonished/excited with the response this post has gotten! You guys are really helping me with what I think is the hardest part: Naming the thing!

Thanks A LOT,
Alex
Drs_Res
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Drs_Res
Angel Eyes
Angela's Eyes
Good Day, Bad Luck
The Luck of the Draw
Innocents
The Name of the Game
( / ) The Bunny
(O.o) Add him to your signature.
(> <) Help him rule the world.
/_||_ Prosper at his side.

Scott
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Alex,

Another approach is to look into the dialogue for a strange phrase that is memorable. My favorite title of this kind is "The Silence of the Lambs." The title is memorable because it is a mystery.

I like the titles that play with Angel/Angela and the contrast between her and the creepy characters that populate the movie, suggesting:

Angel in Darkness

I like many of the other suggestions.

Yours,

Paul
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Eye of the Needle....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2006-07-09 04:40, Drs_Res wrote:
Angel Eyes
Angela's Eyes

Interesting. After reading the plot description, I immediately came up with "Innocent Eyes".

I guess the plot is suggesting the same thing / idea to us.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
"Corruption"
"Kill Angela!"
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
How about "Everyone Around Me Has Cataracts?"
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Don't forget to run whatever you come up with through the Internet Movie Database at http://imdb.com to make sure it hasn't been used. It's amazing how many obscure movies have been made.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Xargos
View Profile
Loyal user
Brussels
268 Posts

Profile of Xargos
Take any good quote from the film
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Quote:
If you were making a film about the seedy underworld of a big city and your characters are despicable creatures such as pimps, drug lords, corrupt DEAs, mafiosas, boxing promoters and call-girls, what would you call it?

I don't know about the title, but the ad copy should definitely read "A heartwarming Disney treat for the whole family!"
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
D Byrd
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia
230 Posts

Profile of D Byrd
Quote:
On 2006-07-09 13:59, Ron Giesecke wrote:
How about "Everyone Around Me Has Cataracts?"

Everyone Around Me Has Cataracts, but I still only have a AMC Gremlin.

Couldn't resist.
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Heh heh heh heh ... that's funnny Doug!

I have a couple, how about:
"Somewhere Over The Rainbow"
or
"Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness"

I know they are a tad sarcastic but that's just the way I am. LOL

Good luck with the whole project.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Soul of the city
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Thanks a lot guys! This is making things really easy for me. I've already picked a few favorites, and some of the titles have inspired me further.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Help with a movie title (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL