The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Something better than magician's wax? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Well I do this for a similar trick. I use the stick part of a post it and connect the non stick side of the post it to a strip of permanant double sided tape. then I stick them together. This will make sure the gimmick bill keeps the post it notes and the other bill will be unharmed and ready to go
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
There is this wonderful glue that I have had great success with besides the 3M spray adhesive. It is called Alenes Tack-It. It goes on wet and dries tacky and does not require a lot at a time. You can also work it to make it as tacky or as least-tacky as you need it to be. I have used it for the Last Dollar by Eugene Burger, having it in a bi-fold wallet for a very long time with no problems. Hope this helps!
k
View Profile
Loyal user
Marseille
283 Posts

Profile of k
Anyone using Dental wax ? works like a charm...
I'm just a blind Con that lost his I...
remember, Magic's everywhere... ("Your are the magic !" - Albert Goshman)

"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple. On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux" St-Exupéry
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
Try a Zig 2 way Glue pen. If you apply it and let it dry before sticking the papers together it should work just like rubber cement. It only stays adhered to the surface it was originally applied to. Really useful for making playing card gaffs.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
VE Day
View Profile
New user
LONDON, England, UK
94 Posts

Profile of VE Day
Cut a small square off a Post-It Note and glue its non-sticky side to the half-bill. The sticky side of the Post-It Note will then be able to stick and then re-stick itself to any banknote you attach it to.

The second solution is obvious but I'll mention it anyway - keep your wallet in another pocket so that you don't sit on it any more.
DanielCoyne
View Profile
Special user
Western Massachussetts
544 Posts

Profile of DanielCoyne
Not sure how it will work with a bill, but I use Mr. Mole's Sticky Wax (made to secure candles in candle holders).

- Daniel
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
The wax ring that is installed to seal your toilet to the floor works great...and will provide even the youngest magician with a lifetime supply of was for only a few bucks.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Something better than magician's wax? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL