The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Cool effects incorporating a Ouija board??? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
Quote:
On 2006-07-13 18:31, JAlenS wrote:
On another note. Some experts in the parapsychology department discourage the use of ouija boards all together. They say that when you open up yourself to those things anything can come through. No matter if you believe in it or not, Lou Gentile has some very scary "real" recordings and reportsabout this kind of thing. You're trying to contact the spirit of your deceased mother and you get beelzebub masquerading as mom and he won't go away.
I don't know if these things are real or not but it sure does make life more interesting to think that they are.

for you ghost and demonology buffs out there here is a great link to scare the pants off of you.
http://www.lougentile.com/

Lou Gentile who made a song and dance of applying for Randi challenge and then withdrew when the heat got too much.
It suprises me when I read magicians on here believing in Ouija boards and psychics etc.I always thought magicians were above such silliness.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
And some of us thought skeptics had open minds. I guess we all live and learn.

Harry, it appears you missed the main focus of this thread and the advice given, as well as the humor that came at the end.

Tony
djrdjr
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, TX
226 Posts

Profile of djrdjr
Tony: I believe the skeptics Harry was referring to DO have open minds. They are sseking confirmation. They are not the party that backed down from the challenge.

Harry didn't miss anything. He was responding to JAlenS's "ON ANOTHER NOTE."
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Djrdjr
Harry IS the one I am commenting on.

I'm sorry I must have misunderstood the following:

Harry H. wrote:
<It suprises me when I read magicians on here believing in Ouija boards and psychics etc.I always thought magicians were above such silliness. >

It did not seem like an open minded comment to me, nor did it read like there was an understanding of the thread.

Tony
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
It's pointless even commenting on people's belief in paranormal it seems,without being called closed minded.
Tony I haven't missed the point of the thread,you will see I responded earlier.I was referencing comments made by two members who believe they contacted spirits through a piece of wood!

Show me evidence for claims and I will happily step down from my stance.Anyhow this is for another thread sometime.
magicjack1977
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
213 Posts

Profile of magicjack1977
UPDATE: The seance went on without a hitch last night. I have to admit that, although I do not fully believe in the power of a seance or the quija, I found the whole experience to be a bit better than I had assumed it would be. Even though I'm still not convinced that there is a spirit world, we apparently made several "small" contacts during the hour and I think that my sister feels a bit better about everything overall.

I did perform for everyone, but only before the actual seance. I think that it helped to lighten the mood a bit and my sister even got a kick out of it.

Thanks for the input and support guys!!!!
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Magicjack1977

I'm glad your sister is feeling better, that is the most important thing.
It reads like you did a fantastic job as a brother. Your mother would be proud.

Tony
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2006-07-17 17:06, Harry H wrote:
'I was referencing comments made by two members who believe they contacted spirits through a piece of wood!'

Hmmmmm. Fascinating how skeptics can possess an acute desire to bend any truth either by ommittance or misrepresentation.

Quote:
Show me evidence for claims and I will happily step down from my stance.

No!

Bobser
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Quote:
On 2006-07-17 17:06, Harry H wrote:
Tony I haven't missed the point of the thread,you will see I responded earlier.I was referencing comments made by two members who believe they contacted spirits through a piece of wood!

It should not be necessary to point out that the ouija board is merely a tool and to suggest that two members wrongly "believe they contacted spirits through a piece of wood" is not only unfair but absolutely absurd. This is a typical skeptic's assertion and the tactic merely serves to throw the discussion off track.
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Sorry, Harry H. My post above sounds stronger and more aggressive than I meant it. It sounds insulting, but I did not mean it that way.
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Well, magicjack1977, it sounds like you did a good job all around with the seance.

On a different note...
Quote:
On 2006-07-13 18:31, JAlenS wrote:
They say that when you open up yourself to those things anything can come through. No matter if you believe in it or not, Lou Gentile has some very scary "real" recordings and reportsabout this kind of thing. You're trying to contact the spirit of your deceased mother and you get beelzebub masquerading as mom and he won't go away.

Gee, it sounds like Ouija boards were years ahead of internet chat rooms! Smile
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Smile

I don't know if it's real or not but things are more interesting with them(spirits and whatnot) around. Chat rooms included.
Midnight333
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Midnight333
Wow. Let me say first, to the gentleman who started this thread that I am sorry for you loss. Then let me say way to listen to what we had to say! You were lucky that your experience was positive as it could have turned out as Annabelles did or any of the others. To the gentleman who is in disagreement with certain beliefs entertained by some of the magicians here, I say sir, there is an animal on this planet, that most surely exists, but you have not seen it nor have you heard of it. You do not belive it exists, yet it does. If you settle on the absolute idea that your world is a certain way, then you never take the steps to explore what might be. You limit your knowledge. Simply disbelieving that a tiger exists, does not mean that it does not.

Think what you will, I know what experiences I've had with the supernatural. I've made my own conclusions. What experiences have you had? And what conclusions have you arrived at for having had those experiences?

-21 posts to go.
magicjack1977
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
213 Posts

Profile of magicjack1977
Thanks again guys! My mothers loss was hard on all of us here and we each have had to deal with it in our own way. My sister had a seance and my Dad works on his RC airplane models. I, though, have spent an amazing amount of time chatting online since it happened and I have got to say that if not for the positive support that I've gotten from my forum friends that I may not have gotten through this as smoothly as I had.

Thanks so much!!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Sorry about your loss!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
I have had only one personal experience with a Ouija board. An elderly aunt of mine had one. She was afraid of them / their power. But at my request she joined me in using it. I asked a very specific question. The planchette began to move beneath my fingers. The reply it spelled surprised me. THe answer later proved absolutely accurate. Did my sub conscious thoughts choose the answer for me? It wqs not my Aunts doing, because she had no background in magic
Very strange indeed.

SO glad your sister is doing better; my sincere condolences on your loss.

Kotah
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Cool effects incorporating a Ouija board??? (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL