The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Learning Suggestion - Resources, Advice etc... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Maddened
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of Maddened
Hi everyone. I've posted this on the mentalism forums but have received lukewarm replies, so I thought I would post it here as well since the subject matter is much more relevant. Hope to get more replies this time. Heh... Thanks!

I've just received my "Best Moments of the Amazing Kreskin" DVD set and has been glued to the TV since then. For some time now I have been hoping to be able to do some kind of suggestion-based effects like those which Kreskin and many other mentalists do. But my simple question is: Where do I start?

I'm not looking for effects per se because I'm sure there is a principle behind such work (and do correct me if I'm wrong with this assumption!), so I like to be able the principles behind what makes such suggestions work, how to go about making and planting such suggestions, and ways to ensure success etc.

In other words, I'm hoping to start studying suggestion work. Presonally, I'm ambivalent about hypnosis and I feel that while hypnosis is probably true, the kind of things that Kreskin does (while everyone is awake) plays more powerfully.

Hope you guys can help point me the way or give me advice. Thanks! Smile
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Do some research on "The Georgia Magnet." She was a performer in the 1800's who performed some remarkable feats that sound like they would just the thing you're looking for.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
The Doktor
View Profile
New user
Spiderskull Island
98 Posts

Profile of The Doktor
Lee,
Not to correct you but I believe you are speaking of Lulu Hurst The Georgia Wonder. Baryy H. Whiley wrote an eXcellent book about her available through Hermetic Press.
“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”

“I'm not your eXecutioner. I'm not your devil and I'm not your God. I'm just The Doktor."

H D X!
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Danke, Herr Doktor! You simply amplified and expanded my post, for which I am most appreciative. I was merely trying to get the boys to stretch themselves a bit was all... Smile

Kind regards,

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
The Doktor
View Profile
New user
Spiderskull Island
98 Posts

Profile of The Doktor
Again, many pardons but, The Doktor is delighted he could help.
“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”

“I'm not your eXecutioner. I'm not your devil and I'm not your God. I'm just The Doktor."

H D X!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Ok if you want to use some fake monicur fine, if you don't want to tell us who you are, fine, but why do you have to talk about yourself in the third person like a Wrestler?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Learning Suggestion - Resources, Advice etc... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL