The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Participated in David Copperfield show Saturday night (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shale007
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, BC
28 Posts

Profile of shale007
Well I was fortunate enough to be a part of David's show on Dec.14 in Vancouver BC. I was one of the lucky people to be one of 3000 people to go on stage for "13" (his vanish of 13 audience members). Wow, what and experience.

However, here is the kicker. When I approached the stage I was asked if I was a Magician and I said "Yes" I am an IBM member of approx. 9 years and was immediately "Cleared?" to continue. At the top of the stair I was taken to stage right to have a seat on a stool and act as a witness to the vanish of the 13 other audience members (note another gentlemen was taken to stage left to do the same). I was curious as to the opinions of some members as to whether I was "excluded" from entering the illusion or whether I was a trusted individual that could play the part of a spectator without the fear of "blabbing.

I was at a vantage point where things could be seen that were not able to be seen from the audience's view, but after the effect I was simply returned to my seat without further discussion, whereas the other members were taken backstage and spoken to about the importance of keeping the secret and given 3 suggestions on how to tell others what they had experienced.

Anyways, this post is long enough, just wondering if anyone elese has had the experience?
Regards,

Shawn
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
I saw the show in Edmonton on December 7 and one member of the Café was one of the 13 vanished and he said that they had to sign a piece of paper to keep the secret. Glad I made the first show because he was too exhausted to do them all in Edmonton. Smile Smile Smile Smile
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
That's funny because I am a juggler and I was pulled up on stage at a Micheal Moschen concert. A lot of my friends were there and they were waiting for me to steal the balls from him. After the show I talked with him and he was glad that I didn't in fact steal from him.

Jonathan
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
"and he said that they had to sign a piece of paper to keep the secret."

I think I would refuse and promise to call the local paper in the morning unless I was paid. Smile

Only joking...I think.

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Wil Castor
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle
144 Posts

Profile of Wil Castor
My girlfriend's dad was one of the 13 and still wont breathe a word. He did have to sign somthing but the reason he doesn't tell is because he and "David" are good friends now... Aparently Mr Copperfield spoke with each of them; they got 3 suggestions too, each based on what level of closeness the person asking is. In other words if it's a stranger you tell them this, if it's a friend you tell them this and if it's family you tell them etc. He still hasn't told his wife (my pseudo-mother in law). I love to bring it up and watch her turn red, it drives her nuts. Smile
Pain is the craft entering into the apprentice.
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
Last year, I caught one of the balls, but because I'm not 18, I gave it to my mom (at the same time the music stopped.) She did the whole illusion, and said that they showed about 3 other plans that would also make the illusion work (to make them feel like they were really being let in on some secrets) and made them promise not to tell. But they didn't have to sign anything.
Patrick T.
View Profile
New user
Esslingen / Germany
39 Posts

Profile of Patrick T.
Hello!!
Well, I caught the small silver ball here in Germany (Stuttgart) got to go up on stage and right two letters (A and S) on David's Arm. Then I got to see his disappearance from behind, it was great!!! After the show an assistant took me backstage and I talked with David and Chris Kenner. Did anybody else catch the small Ball???

Patrick Thomas
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Didn't get to catch the small ball, but did get to see the "Flying". All I can say is "Fabulous!"
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hey Daff'!

Several years ago, I actually got to "play" with "Flying" after the show (I worked in the show locally, as a stage hand, 3 years in a row), on the closing night, as we were about to take it down...one of DC's crew had me help him pack up the "IT" (not really IT, but good enough), and was I amazed!

Even a few feet away, with no backdrop, you cannot see a thing! Talk about high-tech...John Gaughan's a genious! Too bad they retired that...it's the only rig like it I've ever seen...even Peter Foy was impressed from what I've heard.
Matt Graves
View Profile
Special user
Huntsville, Alabama (USA)
504 Posts

Profile of Matt Graves
Daffydoug, you got to see "Flying"? How long ago was it?
bibi
View Profile
New user
Tel Aviv
16 Posts

Profile of bibi
Where can I find out about DC shows?

Is he coming to Europe again?

BIBI
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Participated in David Copperfield show Saturday night (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL