The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Builder of this illusion??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
Does anyone have any info on this illusion...ie builder/inventor of this:
youtube.com

Thanks
Lusion
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Looks like Franz Harary, and he would be the one to contact to find out for sure. He "usually" creates his own material.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
Thanks Pete!
elecktra
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of elecktra
Lusion,
check out his website - its pretty cool - http://www.harary.com
markparker
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
350 Posts

Profile of markparker
It would most likely have been built by Willie Kennedy or David Mendoza...but contact Franz if you are thinking of doing anything like it.
http://www.illusion-designer.com - Bespoke Illusion design - Publications -Show consultancy....Vivify a collection of stage illusions limited edition of 500 copies available now.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
As far as how he "cut them in half", this was accomplished the same way as the illusion called "Black Hole" Paul Osborne designed for Genii Magazine. Unlike Franz's illusion, Paul design used a wood board that was cut out in front of the audience. He described a routine that went to the theme of a black hole... It was a pretty cool idea!

-Bryan Gilles
johoo
View Profile
New user
Norway
4 Posts

Profile of johoo
This illusion is really quite well done.
Bryan, could you indicate where I can get more info on the "Black Hole" illusion or give me some more details.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Looks sort of like a huge finger chopper to me.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
Bryan,
Please inform me to the issue of Genii where these plans are.....I have been looking thru my collection and I don't see it, and I took a look at my listings of illusions and I don't have a ref to it.
Thanx
elecktra
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of elecktra
Bryan, are you sure it was called the Black Hole? Does it go by another name because I just went through a Genii Magazine index that lists every illusion that Paul Osborne talked about and there was absolutely nothing done by him by that name. The only reference to a "Black Hole" was a review of the 10 best illusions but it had nothing to do with Paul Osborne.
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
It must be another name , I believe that my collection of Osborne illusions is about 98% complete. Yes that includes Genii and every illusion book he wrote and every illusion plans he released up to Jan this year.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
The illusion is called "Black Hole". Basically, the description says you invite a member of the audience onto the stage. You then talk about how everyone has experienced a black hole at one point or another in life. Everything from losing your car keys, that missing sock in the dryer, etc... these are all black hole experiences. You bring a sheet of plywood onto the stage and have it inspected. A hole is cut into the board and it is laid onto a slanted tray on top of a rolling stand. Your assistant climbs into the hole that is at the center of the tray (the board is pulled back before the girl is in place). Then you slam the sheet of plywood right through your assistant. The tray is then pulledover the girl and she is seen standing in the hole of the freshly-cut board.

It almost resembles a drawingboard with a hole in the center of it. I am actually thinking of building this illuion...

I've added a link to an altered picture of it to hide the method and demensions. I'll have to look through my Genii Magazines to find out what year and month it was from. I was able to find the copy I made of it. (I've had it filed away in my "to-do projects").

Black Hole Picture

Good Luck!
Bryan Gilles
Lusion
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of Lusion
Thank You Bryan!!!! I don't know why I am missing that...as I see the pic I KNOW I've seen the plans before......so now I am going to look once again through my back issues and my index system! Thanks Again!
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Great news!!! I got bored and made it my mission to find it...

It is located in Genii's September of 1995 issue...

-Bryan Gilles
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
868 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Im not sure but if I remember good Jerry Andrus has a black hole illusion on his Life Time of Magic dvd

Las
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Builder of this illusion??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL