The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Closeup case plans, etc... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wildwolf
View Profile
New user
stoney creek, ontario
54 Posts

Profile of wildwolf
Well here I am again, wondering if anyone can help me, I am looking for plans for a closeup case plans, that would have lockable drawers to hold all my cards, cups and balls, chop cup, that has a drawer with slots (spaces for holding my coin effects)is able to be carried and placed on a table, and a working space on the top where a close up mat can be placed to use for show and still have access to the drawers to get the next effect to perform.
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Honestly, you are only limited by your imagination!

I would recommend doing this...
1. Figure out how big you would like this case to be. (generally, not much bigger than a briefcase)
2. lay out all of the items you plan to tote around in this case. Try to eliminate extra items you wont use so you don't clutter up your free space.
3. Make a sketch of the configuration of each item as it lays within your (at this point) imaginary close up case. Make not of the rough-measurements.
4. Now start building based on those plans you sketched. (remember: measure twice, cut once!).
5. post pictures for all of us to see your masterpiece!

I hope that helps get you going... and good luck!

-Bryan Gilles
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Maybe someone on the Café can dig up the old plans in a Genii Magazine around the late 1960's. A performer named Jan published his Stool close-up case you sat on and it had a place for a tape recorder, and 4 drawers to hold props.
pradell
View Profile
Special user
Alaska
560 Posts

Profile of pradell
Here are some more ideas on inexpensive close up cases:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~roy/magictalk-wi......ses.html

:magicrabbit:
MKmagic
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of MKmagic
I use one of the tool boxes from Home Depot. It works great for me.
I have seen some people modify these to attach to a table base.
magicjohn2278
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man UK
544 Posts

Profile of magicjohn2278
The case that I adapted a couple of years ago might possibly suit your needs, it doesn't have drawers and locks, but it could have. The green top shelf is split and has a pair of spring hinges (like those on kitchen units but a bit heavier) which either keep the back of the shelf up, or down, where it closes off the upper compartment.

http://www.johnfcain.com
Curt from Canada
View Profile
New user
Canada eh!
77 Posts

Profile of Curt from Canada
How much is that case john?
magicjohn2278
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man UK
544 Posts

Profile of magicjohn2278
Sorry but I don't sell anything! - I only make stuff for my own use.

The original case probably cost around $25 (possibly less!) The only expense in converting it was a few pieces of wood, some green material and the spring hinges.... and four or five hours work!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Closeup case plans, etc... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL