The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » So, how was the F.I.S.M. Convention? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

diamond
View Profile
Regular user
Serbia & Montenegro
200 Posts

Profile of diamond
Dear fellow illusionists, I hope to get some more review of new and interesting illusions and illusionists at the F.I.S.M. Convention in Stockholmn, Sweden... I couldn't attend it due to my busy schedule and the magicians from my country that were there, were not really interested in illusions (they were more interested in manipulations, close up, etc, so none of them attended any of the galas nor the competitions - they are more like "We hate illusions" people). I can say that from what I have heard from several sources (from a couple of local magicians and then also from a couple of my friends - magicians and illusionists from different countries) that the Peter Marvey's show wasn't really that good (to everyone's surprise). I've heard that Jeff McBride was good as always... When I asked about the winner for the Illusions category - the Dutch female illusionist Sittah, I heard very different opinions - some people liked her act and some didn't. I don't know much about her nor her show, I only know that she used to work as Hans Klok's assistant for many years.

I would love to hear your opinions on big names appearing in the galas as well as on the new illusion acts from the competitions, new and interesting big illusions at the Dealers' room, new ideas, novelties, etc....
diamond
View Profile
Regular user
Serbia & Montenegro
200 Posts

Profile of diamond
I originally posted this topic in the Grand Illusion section of the forum as I specifically wanted to hear the reviews of the latest big illusion acts seen there as well as the latest on the illusions sold, published and discussed there. As my question was specifically oriented towards this branch of magic, I have no idea why it has been moved to the section of the forum that is about conventions. I'm not really interested in hearing people's general impressions and experience on the FISM Convention but rather in big illusions and comments on big illusion acts only and that's why I feel that this belongs to the Grand Illusion section. I know that there's many working illusionists who rarely have time to visit conventions and I believe that they don't read the So Happy Together section. The question was all about illusion act reviews and the only thing it has to do with the convention section is the fact that it all happened on the FISM Convention. Please do not write comments on any types of acts other than big illusion acts in your replies nor other things like organizational failures at the FISM (we can read that in many articles, forums, etc.). I would like to hear the comments of professional illusionists on big illusion acts and latest big illusions seen there. If you are not an illusionist and you work within another discipline of magic, you are of course welcome to post your comments, but still I would like to hear comments from the people who work with big illusions on every day basis - simply the illusionists view illusions with different eyes than magicians of other disciplines of magic. A manipulator would perheaps say "Well it it was just some act with some huge box and a bunch of half naked girls popping out of it", while an illusionist would say something like "Woooow what a nice variation of a Million Dollar Cabinet Illusion with a twist combined with the most deceptive base you could imagine it was, wowww and I had no idea that the thick chromed steel legs on this type of illusion add so much to the overall deceptiveness, and the presentation was very good and the choreography was sooo original". I hope you understand... I think this was more for the Grand Illusion section, but whatever, I hope to get some replies. If there are any links to any big illusion acts footage (the acts that participated in the FISM, but the footage of course doesn't have to be from the FISM), I would really appreciate it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » So, how was the F.I.S.M. Convention? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL