The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New: Internet Explorer 7 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Its now possible to download the new Internet Explorer 7, great GUI:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
I'd wait for the final release, this is a Beta version... hold on until MS iron out the inevitable bugs.
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I'd hold off on using any version of Internet Explorer in general. It may be the most common browser, but it's also the first one to get viruses and other attacks written for it. Also, I just find it (older versions anyway) to lack some nice features that other browsers have. Maybe in version 7 they've added some things that users have been wanting.

Plenty of other browsers out there, check out Firefox if you haven't yet.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
ChristianR
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of ChristianR
For Mac users Safari works but Firefox is great for all. IE7 looks like a rip off of Safari and firefox except with the viruses and attacks. Never had any luck with Microsoft. that's why I use Mac...

Christian
Tarbell!
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
I recommend FireFox too
MCM
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
456 Posts

Profile of MCM
Safari and Firefox would end up being just as vulnerable IF the virus writers took the time to find exploits. IE, for all it's flaws (and the fact that it is a bit long in the tooth for v6.x) is more vulnerable because more people are using it and it is a more desireable target. It simply isn't worth the time to write a safari hack, way too few users so far.

And, just to start a fight, if "everyone" used Linux, you better believe there would be some nasty viruses out there for it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New: Internet Explorer 7 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL