The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Correct Spelling of a Magician's Name (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
On the Johnny Thompson "Commercial Classics of Magic", Volume One, Johnyy is discussing the working of the Silent Mora "Balls & Net" effect. While explaining the effect, Johnny demonstrates a "pop-up" move his attributes to two magicians: Ed Marlo and and magician he calls (phonically) "Oscar Pladic" or "Oscar Plaidic" or Oscar "Platic". The trouble is, I don't know the proper spelling of this magician's name, and, undil I do, I am unable to research out anything about him.

Would someone please help me on the correct spelling of this man's name.

Thanks.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of kOnO
He is listed as Oscar Pladic on the credits, but I haven't been able to find anything else out about him.

kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
David Roth teaches this guy's idea and ed Marlo's application in his lecture from a while ago. You might get a good finding from Roth himself via Michael Rubinstein. Ask Mike, he's a café member.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Oscar Pladics routine was published in one of the Fulves periodicals...sorry...can't remember wich one though.

Mike
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I googled Oscar Pladic and found several references to him under that spelling. Most of them were with regards to the Johnny Thompson video.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Thanks, guys for all the help. Prior to posting my request, I had Googled the name under Oscar Pladic and found nothing. Today, I found the same references that Bill Palmer did. (I must have transposed some of the letters or something last night.) Go figure.

Thanks again for the help.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Check out the Roth Tape and manuscript ..he explains more in the manuscript for the three ball routine. I do not think Oscar Pladic's routine is in print but I could be wrong.
Mobius
jdbach
View Profile
Regular user
United States
174 Posts

Profile of jdbach
Why don't you contact the "Master" Thompson and ask him? I'm sure that he would share the references with you.

Joe
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I'll see him in a couple of weeks. I'll ask him then.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
john1960uk
View Profile
New user
John Roberts
22 Posts

Profile of john1960uk
My memory is failing a bit too Smile but I do know that Oscars routine is published in Pallbearers review what I cant remember is which issue or volume.......... sorry

cheers,
John
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Here ya go:
The Pallbearers Review Written by Karl Fulves Published by L&L
Second Book issues 5-8
"A Modern Chinese Marvel"
pg. 611
By: Oscar Pladek
Issue #: April MCMLXXIII

This trick is well illustrated and pretty well explained and if you have the video of Johnny Thompson or David Roth you will fully understand the routine as explained in the book.
Have fun,
Mobius
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Correct Spelling of a Magician's Name (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL