The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Tamariz stack into new deck order (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
I am not sure If I can ask this here, but Pit Hartling showed me the way to get Tamariz stack in to new deck order, but I forgot how it went. I just remember that there were four faros, one antifaro and running 26 cards at some point, but cant remember the order. I can´t find Pit´s email anywhere to ask again. Can anyone help?
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
Also Juan does it as part of his routine on the A-1 All Stars video (I'm pretty sure it's on that one) openly just by doing two effects in sequence. No faros. That is probably one of my favorite effects with that stack.
Yakworld.
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
No he doesn't. He starts with the deck in that order. However, the climax of his routine is to deal out four perfect bridge hands so you can do what I did and reverse engineer it.
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
No... he doesn't. He starts out with the deck in his memorized deck order. He does one effect, dealing the stack into two piles. Then he does a bit of dealing (the second effect) and deals out four perfect bridge hands which you can "display", pick up, and you are in new deck order. But even without the display I think four perfect bridge hands is close enough to new deck order for any layperson.

And no, you cannot reverse engineer it. Meaning if you pick up the cards in the reverse order from which you just dealt them you are not back in the memorized deck order. There are some specific cuts and placements you need to do during effect one and two that you would be pretty difficult to figure out going in reverse.

But he explains all this on the video. Why would you even attempt to work through this backwards?
Yakworld.
kermitthefrog
View Profile
Regular user
France
128 Posts

Profile of kermitthefrog
I'm sorry to bore the list with what may be a repetitive question, but where can I learn the Tamariz stack and the memorized-deck work on it? Am I to understand that it's now available in English?
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
It's in English only on video. Theres some on the A-1 All Stars video and more on his Lessons in Magic series. If my memory serves me correctly he teaches the stack on both videos.
Yakworld.
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
On the video (A-1 All Stars I assume we're talking about) he only shows his routine which winds up with the deck being dealt into bridge hands. He doesn't actually explain how to get into the stack from new deck order.

Trust me, you can reverse engineer this becuase I know now how to get from a new deck into his stack. You just have to work your way through the routine because he actually rearranges his order over a couple of effects.
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
Adam I think you may have misunderstood the question. korttihai_82 was asking how to get into new deck order from the Tamariz stack ("to get Tamariz stack in to new deck order") not the other way around.

So what you're saying is you put a deck into his stack and then somehow figured out a way to get that back into new deck order, thus determining how to get into the stack by then working this process in reverse?

I suppose that is possible. Since it's your own method and one you should deservedly be quite proud of why don't you share it with us in the secret sessions. Perhaps we could help you streamline it.

Or... Smile ...are you saying you took the bridge deal, worked backwards throught the two effects I mentioned above and figured out how to get yourself into new deck order that way?

That would be less likely because the bridge deal isn't in new deck order, thus requiring the "display" I mentioned above to get it there. I don't think you could overcome this with reverse engineering. But perhaps I'm not giving you enough credit.

Now I'm really intrigued. Please post your method in secret sessions for us or PM it to me!!

korttihai_82 I'm assuming Denis answered your initial question and that you won't mind me steering this slightly off topic. Smile
Yakworld.
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
Yeah, I watched the bridge deal and worked backwards from there. Granted it gets the deck into aaaa2222 order, but that's nothing a faro or two can't fix Smile
Denis Behr
View Profile
Special user
Germany
703 Posts

Profile of Denis Behr
Obviously the double brigde deal (which means four anti-faros) can be replaced by 8-4= 4 out-faros, so the reverse way from new pack order (you have to use the "right" NPO of course!) starts with four faros. The rest should come naturally by thinking what the routines actually do...
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
Shhhh! You're giving away too much!
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
Obviously I wasn't giving you guys the credit you deserve. My apologies and nice job. I should have figured as much. I'm a mental midget when it comes to this kind of stuff. Sorry, mental little person.

Check out the big brains on Adam and Denis!! Smile Smile
Yakworld.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Tamariz stack into new deck order (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL