The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Spontaneous Moments - Or Zen and the art of Magic! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
2 minutes with a chair.

The following occured in a gym with a concrete floor. It was on the 8th floor of the county correctional facility.

While setting up a chair I noticed it made an interesting sound so I repeated it.

I started to create a beat with the chair and
the floor. I noticed I got a positive reaction from the audience. (Inmates and Correctional Officers)

I was not sure what to do next or where the
"bit" was going since it was just being
"born." I turned the chair over and started finding other sounds with different parts of the chair. I then "unsuccesfully" tried to sit in the chair. It was a comedy of sound and errors.

Before the reponse and laughter died down, I sat in the chair after securing my harp(harmonica) and went into a few short runs with the same tempo. Then I introduced myself.

It was nice to have the audience on my side, before uttering a word or starting the
"magic"

What bits have you come up with out of the
"moment?"

Harris
harris.deutsch@leesummit.k12.mo.us
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Adam V
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of Adam V
All of my best bits (kids shows) came from spontaneous moments. Usually me just coming up with something else to throw in the show. I think you need to plan and work things out in advance, but that'll probably just give you a dry boring show. However, you need this because it will give you something to add your new bits and pieces to.
Adam V - 9 out of 10 dentists recommend him.
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
I asked for a volunteer at a show for all ages, and usually many people raise their hand and I select one. This time, a young girl, probably about 4, just walked right up on stage. This got a laugh in itself, but then as I continued with the trick, she decided she was done and walked right back down, carrying a prop that I had given her to hold, and went over to her parents and sat back down. I just stood there and dead-panned the whole time, and the audience roared. Once the laughter died down, I asked the dad to take the needed prop and assist me on stage, and continued the routine with him. That was one of the funniest moments of the show, and it was totally unplanned. I wish I could recreate that type of thing sometimes, but the beauty of it is when it happens spontaneously and you just roll with it.
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of jlibby
This happened to me just a few days ago.

I was booked at the Cultural Activities Center in Temple, Texas. I needed someone to act as my volunteer for my finale, the Visible Sawing Illusion.

The managing director suggested her 12 year old son. At the show, he turned out to be great, and was just enough of a natural ham to enhance the routine.

After I ran the saw through, I asked him how he was feeling. Well, in just a beat, I saw the light bulb go on in his head, and he cried out: "Aaaaaaaah! I can't feel my legs!" Of course, this brought the house down.

That line's going into the act!

See ya!
Joe L.
My new FREE ebook on the classic Mismade Bill trick is ready for you:
https://funnybirthdayshow.com/mismadebill/
amazingboz
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of amazingboz
I was in a hotel, on vacation, when one of nights entertainers canceled. I offered to perform without my props and did a remarkable
show. Reading adds up and you never know when the opportunity will knock and we can draw from that storehouse inside our head to
create a cheap effect into an illusion, as long as we remember not to tip our hand before. The force (no pun intended) is within us.

We create the magic!

Phil aka AmazingBoz Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Spontaneous Moments - Or Zen and the art of Magic! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL