The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Lippencott box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Full Deck
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Full Deck
I'm looking for a good Lippencott box. Any recommendations who puts out a good box? PM me.

Best,

Full Deck
Mike T
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Mike T
PMd you.

Mike
It's times like this I wish I'd listened to what my Grandad used to say...
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
There are plenty of cheaper knockoffs around, but I think one of the best boxes is available from Viking, click HERE for more info.

My only complaint about the Viking box is that the padlock is a bit cheesy-looking, but you can replace it with a miniature brass Master padlock, available in almost any hardware store. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Full Deck
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Full Deck
I understand that the Viking model is one of the best. I guess you would call it the new and improved version with a M------c inbedded in the bottom of the box. Does this new version offer that much of an improvement over the standard box? PM me.

Best,

Full Deck
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
I do have the "improved" version, but have not yet used or needed the additional feature. I'm sure it's good for something, perhaps a holdout of some sort, but I've never used it.

I would still recommend the Viking box because of the good workmanship and materials used (I think the box is walnut, which is a pretty hard wood). SETH
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
By the way, if you are looking for a slightly larger Lippincott-style box, like a Watch Box, I understand that Mel Babcock also makes very nice ones. Click HERE for more info. SETH
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Look at the strong box at http://www.porperoriginals.com
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Full Deck
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Full Deck
I was wondering if anyone has and uses "The Ring and Box Trick" in a strolling close-up venue? This item is from The House of Babcock. My thoughts are that used in conjunction with a Lippencott Box to vanish the ring and The Ring and Box Trick to produce the ring. PM me with your thoughts.

Best,

Full Deck
MKmagic
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of MKmagic
You were asking for a good box, but I have had pretty good luck with the cheap ones.
ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
330 Posts

Profile of ellisd
While the lippincott boxes are pretty sweet I would have to agree with MK that the cheap adams version with the bag inside the matchbox inside the cardboard box with rubberbands for some strange reason gets really great reactions even with adults. I know the owner of my local magic store also performs and always keeps this one in his case.
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Lippencott box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL