The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Should Dream bags be stored open or closed? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
I have used the Dream Bag for several years now, and I always store the boxes in the closed position. I haven't had a prblem yet.

I can also verify that it has been around for a while. I first saw one about 15 years ago in the early 1990's. I don't know who made it, but it looked very much like the one I have now.

I don't think mine is going to last 20 years. That must have been a good one.I have already bought a back-up because mine are getting worn. I have had to retape some of the boxes also. I have worn out 1 bag too. By the way, you can purchase extra bags at The Magic Warehouse.

Regan
Mister Mystery
chris mcbrien
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1235 Posts

Profile of chris mcbrien
Dream bags, spring flowers, appearing canes, blooming bouquests...all should be stored in open position in bags or other kinds of protective cover (especially if you have pets...pet hair on props is not attractive)....keeps the "spring" in them...
A general rule I picked up years ago...
Chris
Magicshore
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of Magicshore
Regan

Thanks for the info on where to get the extra bags. I have one extra which I've been holding onto for about 3 years and will probably be using that one fairly soon. Now I know where to get more replacement bags. By the way, do you know if they are the grayish colored ones or the older brown ones, as the original was?

Thanks
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4633 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I don't like making props much, but I'd have no trouble making a new bag for this effect. Just open up your old one, and use it as a template on some new card. Should only take about 10 minutes....
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Chris

Thanks...that is what I thought, but thought I would check.

Last year I was given a set of plastic appearing canes that were not kept open..they are both duds when open.

On the bright side one is used by "Judas" in the upcoming Godspell production. It is compared to the longer one that "Jesus" makes appear.

The show is helping me grow as a actor and magician.

You are appreciated by,

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Should Dream bags be stored open or closed? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL