The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Face Paints (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
So I'm retiring from performing, and selling my supplies, at the same time finishing the 3rd in my series of DVDs about magic and clowning. And I'm busy telling everyone on eBay and on my DVD how nice Kryolan Aquacolor paints are.

And I have to disappoint a nice lady who came too late to buy my paints, to be used for a charity event. But I wanted to direct her to another source, and I came upon this, and frankly I'm impressed:

http://www.misterart.com/g8087/Palmer-Face-Paint.htm

Check it out.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
I prefer Snazaroo, mehron, krylon and wolf paints.
Snazaroo is FDA approved and has a germicide so germs can't live and multiply in your paint. The site has fact pages photos and step by steps http://www.snazaroo.us/ but no magic.
Jewls
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I prefer Snazaroo myself. (maybe it's because I am friends with the Canadian Distributor).

The facts that Jewls mentioned above are a good reason for Snazaroo.

I don't really know how this liquid face-paint would work for most. I can see a lot of potential problems working with it, especially in a fast-paced environment (like making money from FP at a fair and you have a line up).

Also, I have designed a walk-a-round face-paint unit that works very well. Liquid paints wouldn't allow for this as they could spill.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I really like the Snazaroo hand-held pallette. Holds paints, brushes and spill-resistant water jar. Very nice for restaurant work back when I did facepainting. I've since given that part of my business to my daughter and she is doing great with it.

The trend seems to be going more towards airspray painting, though. I went to one of Mama Clown's conferences in Florida and the work that was being done with airspray was absolutely artistic and gorgeous...and so easy! I can actually see facepainting moving into the big dollar nightclub and concert markets...and my daughter is looking into this. Amazing.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I am the only one of my friends that does not do the airbrush face-painting. It is definately very popular and quicker. The results can also be very beautiful.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Face Paints (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL