The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Becoming a Magic Castle member? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sqn816
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of sqn816
Is it difficult to become a member? as a magician not associate. I have been practicing this art as a hobby for I say the last 1 1/2-2 years now. I love it. I just wanted some opinions or advice on this subject? thank you in advance.
munch1215
View Profile
New user
California
77 Posts

Profile of munch1215
No
Look deep within yourself for inspiration
naquada
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of naquada
Just have a quick look on the website... there are a few membership types.. including ones for those not within the USA... http://www.magiccastle.com/about/membership.cfm
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Being a resident magician member does require doing a short set in front of a committee. This is mostly to prove you are a practicing magician and not somebody who ran out and bought a few props a month ago to become a magician member. It is also the most expensive class of membership. You should probably only seek that level of membership if you live nearby and intend to be there alot. Otherwise out of town magician membership requires only a signature from a magic club officer verifying you are a member of that club and a magician, plus a resume of your history, types of props you possess, books, etc. This is much less expensive, and if you only occassionally wish to visit the castle, this ia a better deal by far.
Associate membership is cheaper still, requires no magic background, but there are areas of the castle you would not be allowed to visit.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
sqn816
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of sqn816
Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Becoming a Magic Castle member? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL