The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Snakes on a Plane Idea! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
By now you have probably heard about this hugely over promoted movie "Snakes on a Plane" that was supposed to be a dud, but now is a mega hit because of the producers involvement of people on the internet and then using the ideas.

I just had a great email exchange with a customer about tying this movie into their show and came up with this fun idea....

Talking about popular movies in your act, Draw an airplane on the Special FX board. Ask them if they can guess what movie you are drawing. They will yell "Snakes on a Plane"... and have snakes pop up from it! Since you draw the gimmick it could be a bunch of them, or just one snake, or even one wearing goggles and a pilot's hat. (Look but don't see...of course...several times). They will scream silly when it pops up. React to the comments, with "no, it's just a drawing of a plane" there aren't really snakes on it".... finally erase it...THEN SAY...it really would be weird to have snakes on a plane wouldn't it? I really get freaked out at snakes....

If you are handy, attach a snake can to the back of the board and then after you erase the snakes and the plane, have them shoot up and over the board....yelling and running around screaming to the delight of your audience!

The Axtell Special Effects Board is at http://www.axtell.com/illusions.html You will sometimes see them for sale used on Ebay or other magic auction sites.

Enjoy the idea! I'll try to post some drawings later....

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I think it would work well, but may be limited to the public's memory of the movie. This time next year . . .

For my children's show I do a drum production of two spring snakes and have been yelling out "Snakes at a party!, Snakes at a party!" and then look embarrassed. I have been doing the production for a decade, and finally something to tie it in! *G*

Steve, My child is autistic, and I have been using your magic board with great success to coax him to speak. Thanks so much!
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Thanks Ax. Great idea.

While it might have a limited run as long as the movie is a big hit, one might as well take advantage of the moment to use it. Then, just change the idea to fit the next big "hit."

Mark.
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Quote:
On 2006-08-23 13:44, CaptainKid wrote:
I think it would work well, but may be limited to the public's memory of the movie. This time next year . . .

That doesn't negate the impact on the audince whilst the movie is in public consciousness. The beauty of the Special FX drawing board is that you can replace the inserts and customize it for any occassion. SO I think that this versatility is its strongest selling point!
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Oh for sure that is the point! Snakes now, but tomorrow hit next week. It is totally open and as Magicbern said "utility".

CaptainKid nothing makes me happier than to hear that kids are being helped with our products. I used to work with Autistic children years ago before starting my puppet business. I used puppets with them everyday!

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Snakes on a Plane Idea! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL