The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Language Problem (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LeeDillingham
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
263 Posts

Profile of LeeDillingham
I need some advice. I was just hired to perform for a Christmas Party for a large construction company here in Vegas. They informed me that the vast majority of their employees and dates do not speak English. Should I try to revise my act to be mostly silent to music? I have never worked in this situation before.
C Christian
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of C Christian
A friend of mine had this same situation happen to him...instead of changing his act he hired out me, since I do a Silent Show (FYI I can do up to 30 min. Silently). He came to the event and over-saw everything and made sure things went smoothly The event cordinator was impressed with both of us. My act and his attention to please the company, that he now gets booked for many of the english speaking events and he throws me the non-english ones...so we both come out ahead.
He was wise in my opinion because he stayed clear of possibly looking bad for a client for future events. hope this helps cheers chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Language Problem (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL