The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Tip-over box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1181 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Making a small (parlour-size) box, copying the design in Tarbell.
Tarbell's version means that when the box is tipped over and open, the visible "bottom" is actually in three parts, which means you either have to make it to quite fine tolerances, or disguise the gaps somehow.

An alternative would be to make the "bottom" in one piece, but then you wouldn't be able to display the (true) bottom of the box from the outside when closed. Does this matter? I feel that it doesn't. After all you can give the "bottom" a solid whack from the inside with the wand when the box is tipped over, and I think that should be convincing enough. But would welcome opinions.
Jolyon Jenkins
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I have never seen anyone show the actual bottom of a tip over box. If you did, that, to me, would defeat the use of this type of box to begin with.

When watching this being performed, one gets the impression they are seeing the entire box anyway when it's "tipped," showing nothing is inside and seeing the bottom of the box that way.

Hope that helps. Mark. Smile
The Magic Ref
View Profile
Veteran user
Flint, Mi.
303 Posts

Profile of The Magic Ref
I made a tip over box out of Legos once... Just playing and trying to do a LEGO effect. I ran into the same problem with the bottom.
Be Young...Have Fun!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Tip-over box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL