The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Need gaffed tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

budsie175
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of budsie175
As mentioned before, I am a senior and tutor 4th graders and like to reward them for good works with a little magic. I am by no means a pro and because of some physical limitations can't do too much sleight of hand. So I was wondering if you could suggest some gaffed tricks, especially funny stuff, I could use that might amuse 10 year olds.
Bud
solidoak
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of solidoak
I also work with youth groups. I'm not sure if you are specifically requesting card tricks or just easy tricks. Here's a few simple (mostly non-card) effects I've used over the years.
Scotch and Soda
Hopping Half
Hot Rod
Crazy Mans Handcuffs (great rubberband trick)
Star Gazer (more rubberbands)
Dis-Jointed (yes, even us seniors can do this... no gaffs needed, great for kids)
Mental Photography
Glorpy
Any good rope routine
Color changing shoelaces
Odd-ball
I'll put some more on as I think about them. Good luck.
Rick
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
I would try and go with objects that look normal and fit your tutoring. Here's some things that should fit the scenario.

"Double X Rating Pen"- w/ penny & dime.
{url=http://www.thetrickery.com/?nd=full&key=6555&tagent=bmag&myaf=9685]"The No. 2 Pencil"[/url].
"Misled"- pencil w/ bill.
"Quick Change"-bulldog clip & coins.
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Dime and penny, 1.35, elusive lifesavers, nickels to dimes, killer keys, invisible quarters, premonition (card trick by Solari)
The Magic Ref
View Profile
Veteran user
Flint, Mi.
303 Posts

Profile of The Magic Ref
Torn n Restored Homework?
Be Young...Have Fun!
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
I would consider putting a small show together with things like:

Breakaway Wand...this old timer is still a sure thing laugh with almost anyone not brain dead.

Breakaway Fan...follow up gag to above.

Bake a magic cake with a Dove Pan using above.

20th Century Silks

Change Bag for 20th Century vanish

Best,
Brad Burt
sadamspmp
View Profile
New user
Sunny Tampa, Florida
34 Posts

Profile of sadamspmp
What about the Number 2 Pencil? It's easy and fits the theme of teaching exceptionally well.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I like Steve Duschek's "Lethal Tender"

KILLER!!!!

:)

Doug
je4thomas
View Profile
New user
Now in Southwest China
53 Posts

Profile of je4thomas
The Scotch and soda is a great one especially if your are teaching anything about money/banking/even math. This can be incorporated into the lesson.
I can't at the moment think of how to incorporate this one into a lesson plan but the Hot Rod (after much practice) is fantastic.
Good luck,
E
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Sponge rabbits. Great effect for kids.
-Matt
Bendy
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
518 Posts

Profile of Bendy
JB Magic has a little card trick out called "Optical Wallet." It's COMPLETELY self-working, no one I've performed it for has ever come close to figuring out how it's done and it is a real jaw-dropper. The crafting of the gimmick in that trick is pure genius. Fits in your pocket and magic doesn't get any easier.

Get a Change Cap, (from Creative Magic - they just came out this week). It's a change bag...but in the form of a baseball cap. It's a prop that's above suspicion and its possibilities are endless.

If the physical limitations you mentioned will allow you to use a TT, then I suggest learning the art of TT manipulation. The number of 'impromptu' miracles you can perform with a TT are limited only to your imagination and a lot has been put on video and paper that will give you plenty of routines to keep your kids busy.

If you can perform the classic paddle move, then by all means get "The Number 2 Pencil." The kids will love it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Need gaffed tricks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL